Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Spring Training!

Feb 15th 2013 new

Anyone else excited that spring training has started?? Baseball and spring in 6 weeks! :D

Feb 16th 2013 new
Welcome to the forums, Megan! Who's your team? I am primarily a Tigers fan, but also support the Washington Nationals.
Feb 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Welcome to the forums, Megan! Who's your team? I am primarily a Tigers fan, but also support the Washington N...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Welcome to the forums, Megan! Who's your team? I am primarily a Tigers fan, but also support the Washington Nationals.
--hide--
I am ready for baseball again and plan to go watch the cardinals several times this season. Cardinals are my favorite but also enjoy Twins, Rays, and Chicago white sox!
Feb 17th 2013 new

I am always happy when baseball begins anew. There is something about baseball that always conjurs pleasant memories of youth and a certain hope regarding the future-regardless of its scandals and sins. I push those issues out of my mind and enjoy the magic which baseball seems to cast upon those who know and appreciate the game. For all its history and magic, there is nothing else like it.

Feb 17th 2013 new

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been under the weather for the past 2 days.

I'm a Mets fan actually. And yes, I know that they are going to be horrible again this year. I also root for the Cardinals since I lived in STL for 18 months and you totally get sucked into the culture living there.

Feb 22nd 2013 new
The games have begun ... and the Tigers beat the Braves, 2-1! hyper
Feb 23rd 2013 new

Chicago Cubs..i know it's politics..but Wrigley Field is awesome, just spending a day there is joyous.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Chicago Cubs..i know it's politics..but Wrigley Field is awesome, just spending a day there is...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Chicago Cubs..i know it's politics..but Wrigley Field is awesome, just spending a day there is joyous.

--hide--

Jane,

I have never been to Wrigley Field but from what I have seen on TV, it is awesome. I am pleased the Cubs and Red Sox did not bend to pressure and updated their parks instead of razing them and building others. It is a shame the White Sox did not do the same with Comiskey Park or the Yankess with their stadium. Seems so many clubs sacrifice history in the name of the almighty dollar. Cub fans win, lose or draw have a stadium to be most proud. I hope I can see it one day before the Lord comes knocking.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Feb 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jane,I have never been to Wrigley Field but from what I have seen on TV, it is awesome. I am ...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Jane,

I have never been to Wrigley Field but from what I have seen on TV, it is awesome. I am pleased the Cubs and Red Sox did not bend to pressure and updated their parks instead of razing them and building others. It is a shame the White Sox did not do the same with Comiskey Park or the Yankess with their stadium. Seems so many clubs sacrifice history in the name of the almighty dollar. Cub fans win, lose or draw have a stadium to be most proud. I hope I can see it one day before the Lord comes knocking.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

I have only been to Wrigley field once and it was a week before they started doing tours. I had planned on going back someday, still haven't made it.
Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: The games have begun ... and the Tigers beat the Braves, 2-1!
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: The games have begun ... and the Tigers beat the Braves, 2-1!
--hide--

Edward,

You really have to be a fan of the game when spring training games generate that much interest.

By the way, I hope the Tigers have mercy on our Disastros this year. We have such a long way to go but at least current ownership is trying to build through the draft and trades that bring high draft prospects.

I don't see anyone moving the Tigers out of first place in their division and I love their manager.

The regular season opens on Easter Sunday evening with the Rangers at the Astros.

When do the Texans regular season begin??? laughing laughing

Blessings always, Praying hug rose

Leon

Posts 1 - 10 of 17