Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Staying fit

Feb 23rd 2013 new

I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year laughing I currently ordered P90X to help get me back into shape and stay healthy. I'm kinda curious what other programs or routines that anybody is doing to stay in shape.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

I typically do a full-body weightlifting session at least once a week, with cardio the rest of the time. Now that my sinuses have cleared up, I think I'll go back to lap swimming once a week as well.

Tonight I did pilates with friends. Good stretch for sore muscles

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordere...
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said:

I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to help get me back into shape and stay healthy. I'm kinda curious what other programs or routines that anybody is doing to stay in shape.

--hide--

Mid-life??? Oh. honey... rolling eyes

Well, when the weather is nice I do a lot of cycling, otherwise I'm a gym rat. I wish I could say I got there daily, but it's a couple times a week right now if I'm lucky - better than nothing but could be better.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordere...

I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to help get me back into shape and stay healthy. I'm kinda curious what other programs or routines that anybody is doing to stay in shape.

--hide--
P90X is an awesome program. I did that before (except the Yoga part, I am a flexibility-challenged guy weeping ). Anyways, I had good results with it. It's best done with a work-out partner. I will get back at this program again before summer maybe. I usually do boxing, however, I still haven't fully recovered yet from a not-so-recent hand surgery so hitting the bag may not be wise at this time. I just do weight lifting and core exercises in the gym for now. Hopefully I can get back to boxing and P90X soon.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

Andrew, there are a plethora of ways that will work, but one thing to keep in mind is no matter what exercise routine you end up using, you have to incorporate a healthy eating plan as well, otherwise you won't see any results. A trainer at the gym I go to has a dry erase board where he puts motivational sayings on it and one that pops up from time to time is "you can't outwork a bad diet". It's true - trust me, that's something that I've fought with, because I love the Pizza Hut buffet as much as the next guy. But it is crucial. Not saying you have to go extreme and eat nothing but tuna fish and brown rice, (that gets old, trust me, plus in order to maintain you must continue to eat like that - who wants to do that???) but you have to eat with a healthy mindset. A trip to the Pizza Hut buffet every now and then is still allowed, of course! laughing Anyway, that's just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

I run lots and lots of marathons. I swim for the heck of it and I just got a road bike. I just love being outside!

Feb 23rd 2013 new

I have a membership with Gold's Gym, and I do resistance training at least 4 days a week with some cardio thrown in here and there. I am in fairly good shape for someone about to turn 53.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

You mean I'm almost at my midlife crisis? lol. Two years ago I was barely a quarter of a century old. biggrin

Feb 23rd 2013 new

--hide--

About a year ago I signed up for a Triathlon Course at my YMCA ... It was one of the best fitness things I did for myself. I had a group trainer and we had a few group workout sessions. But for the most part we were given a 16 week program and trained for a particular race.

I would say, sign up for a 5k, 8k , half marathon, full marathon , a Triathlon (4 different levels to choose from - Ironman being the hardest )

Then find a program and do the workouts.

I found this website helpful for my running. http://www.marathonrookie.com

Or you can always ask our CM expert Marathon runner above for tips and suggestions wink

But do what works for you and have FUN ! You will feel great after each workout and you will be amazed at how much strength God created us with ...

Happy Exersing

Kathleen biggrin

Feb 23rd 2013 new

I go to Spinning Class almost everyday for an hour. I also lift weights or do some core work for an hour about six days a week. This has only been for about two years. At forty years old two tears ago I decided to loose weight and I went from 281 lbs to currently 188 lbs. I agree with the earlier posting it all starts and ends with your diet. Good luck.

Posts 1 - 10 of 77