Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-67226 said: + www.churchmilitant.tv
(Quote) Jan-67226 said:

+

www.churchmilitant.tv

--hide--
Jan,That is one of the best talks I have ever seen or listen to on contraception. I have never thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sense. I always thought it was from the Bible where it says a man will have to account for every seed he spills. Thanks for the post it was very enlightening.

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Jan,That is one of the best talks I have ever seen or listen to on contraception. I have never t...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Jan,That is one of the best talks I have ever seen or listen to on contraception. I have never thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sense. I always thought it was from the Bible where it says a man will have to account for every seed he spills. Thanks for the post it was very enlightening.

--hide--

+

You're welcome Tom.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Jan,That is one of the best talks I have ever seen or listen to on contraception. I have never t...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

--hide--

Sorry - I responded too quickly - I was on a lunch break. I should have said "You are welcome Thomas!"

And, yes, I think what I've heard so far is very good. So many Catholics know what the Church teaches (no contraception - its a grave evil) but very few of us seem to know WHY the Church teaches this. According to what this Theologian says, to it is CRUCIAL that we all do understand what the Church teaches and why - the survival of humanity depends on Catholics embracing and following this teaching. I hope folks take the time to find out why this teaching is so important.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-672216 said: Sorry - I responded too quickly - I was on a lunch break. I should have said &quo...
(Quote) Jan-672216 said:

Sorry - I responded too quickly - I was on a lunch break. I should have said "You are welcome Thomas!"

And, yes, I think what I've heard so far is very good. So many Catholics know what the Church teaches (no contraception - its a grave evil) but very few of us seem to know WHY the Church teaches this. According to what this Theologian says, to it is CRUCIAL that we all do understand what the Church teaches and why - the survival of humanity depends on Catholics embracing and following this teaching. I hope folks take the time to find out why this teaching is so important.

--hide--

I hope so also. I have to admit there area alot women who have been misguided into believing that men just want to tell women what they can do with bodies and "O I are so fed with it" is their attitude. Sadly it reminds me of that passage in the Bible, Psalms 115:6 "They have ears but do not hear, noses but do not smell."

Feb 23rd 2013 new

+

Church teachings are all about Love - and all about helping us get to Heaven! A little child wants to dash across the street to chase his favorite ball - a loving Mother screams "Stop Johnny!" when she sees the truck barrelling down the street. So, we either follow the teachings of the Church, given to us out of wisdom and love by God, or...we suffer the consequences of disobedience.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-672216 said: + Church teachings are all about Love - and all about helping us get to Heaven! A little chi...
(Quote) Jan-672216 said:

+

Church teachings are all about Love - and all about helping us get to Heaven! A little child wants to dash across the street to chase his favorite ball - a loving Mother screams "Stop Johnny!" when she sees the truck barrelling down the street. So, we either follow the teachings of the Church, given to us out of wisdom and love by God, or...we suffer the consequences of disobedience.

--hide--

I agree with everything you are saying here Jane. And I would like to add that the reality is that many of those still living are already suffering the consequences of disodiences and they are blind to that truth.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: I agree with everything you are saying here Jane. And I would like to add that the r...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

I agree with everything you are saying here Jane. And I would like to add that the reality is that many of those still living are already suffering the consequences of disodiences and they are blind to that truth.

--hide--

Elizabeth I imagine every one of us is suffering for prior disobediences since we are all sinners.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-672216 said: Elizabeth I imagine every one of us is suffering for prior disobediences since we...
(Quote) Jan-672216 said:

Elizabeth I imagine every one of us is suffering for prior disobediences since we are all sinners.

--hide--

Yes we are.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: (Quote) Jan-672216 said: Elizabeth I imagine every o...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

Quote:
Jan-672216 said:

Yes we are.

--hide--

And what I mean by being blind to this truth is that often you hear "it is not my fault" or "I can't help it" and so you have these folks who feel that they aren't going to be held accountable or it is unjust that they are suffering because something they done. You and I as well as others on this website have not lost sight that even though we are all sinners, we are all still God's children. Being that I am not better than any other sinner, I cannot help but wander if I were to disobey the Churches teachings about Birth Control, the Sanctity of Life, and Premaritual Sex, like so many are doing, what my life would be like.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11