Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Feb 23rd 2013 new

Eight days and counting. We should get a refund for the month or however long this takes....just sayin'...

Feb 23rd 2013 new

How much longer will the Chat Room be out of order?I tried tonight,but no luck.

Feb 23rd 2013 new
Hello Brian.

I saw your post and checked out chat to see if I could get in. I didn't have a problem. I recently had my Adobe flash updated, and also JAVA and other computer thingies.

Could your computer need updating?
Feb 23rd 2013 new
A new thread was started that will fix the chat problem. www.catholicmatch.com
Feb 23rd 2013 new

hi Nathan,

I posted a fix for users to use until the issue is fixed. I posted a link to flash 11.5 that will work with chatrooms. I had the same problem until I installed version 11.5 again.

Feb 23rd 2013 new
The link is above in my post!
Feb 24th 2013 new

I agree!

Feb 24th 2013 new

amen Sister wink

I had my nephew unstall adobe and try to install an older version and it said it could not guarantee it would work

Feb 27th 2013 new

Having a hard time getting into chatrooms. boggled I keep getting a black picture. rolling eyes

Feb 28th 2013 new

The chat rooms should work now, but it will require clearing your browser's cache. As luck would have it, I've been working the past 3 days on integrating another 3rd party solution, and was about to push out a rough version of it to get feedback on. It wasn't as flashy as the current chat rooms - both figuratively AND literally. IE NOT FLASH BASED! That was a joke. Anywho, being not based on flash, this new option works on Ipad/Iphone/Android, which would be a great improvement. The downside is that it's still in beta, and the software company says it won't be "production" quality until the end of March.

So, the plus side of this is that we wouldn't be A) Reliant on the whims of Adobe Flash and B Not limited to Flash-enabled devices. At this point I'm going to put it on the back burner and wait until it's production quality. I do apoligize for the inconvenience of this. I don't like not being in control of the code that supports the site, and in this case I was completely at the mercy of Adobe and the chat software company.

I'll be sending out an email to anyone who had been in the chat rooms recently to let them know.

A link to a FAQ made to help if you aren't sure how to clear your cache: www.catholicmatch.com

Nathan

Posts 51 - 60 of 70