Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

So I have recently noticed a common issue among men, especially Catholic men. Is it just me or are Catholic men especially picky when it comes to the "size" of the women they date? I have many different size Catholic friends and it seems that the only Catholic women that are single are the ones with a little more to love. I also know many single Catholic men (friends) and they have admitted to me that they are on the lookout for only thin women. Thoughts?

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Gayle-177908 said: So I have recently noticed a common issue among men, especially Catholic men. Is it just me or ar...
(Quote) Gayle-177908 said:

So I have recently noticed a common issue among men, especially Catholic men. Is it just me or are Catholic men especially picky when it comes to the "size" of the women they date? I have many different size Catholic friends and it seems that the only Catholic women that are single are the ones with a little more to love. I also know many single Catholic men (friends) and they have admitted to me that they are on the lookout for only thin women. Thoughts?

--hide--

Gayle, the right man for you will love you for who you are, completely, regardless of your size, dont have any doubt about it because it is the truth!!!. I also would like to have more weight, I am far too skinny and I struggle with that, I lost LOADS of weight last year due to stress...but I know I have much more to offer than my size. I think it is about feeling healthy!!! theheart

Feb 24th 2013 new

I've noticed something, and its probably a gross generalisation.

As you've said, Catholic women who are chunky tend to be single, whereas the skinny ones are usually okay; I've noticed the same trend.

Something I've noticed amongst my secular/non-christian and even Protestant friends, is the chunky ones are willing to dress provocatively and are more willing to fornicate and commit sexual sins outside of marriage.In fact, some of the most nasty "tramps" I know, are really large.

That's not saying skinny Catholic women are putting out, but I've noticed that larger secular women seem to objectify themselves.

The question is then, are men willing to accept a larger size if it means they get sex? If yes, perhaps thats why Catholic women who are larger generally don't get too much attention, dressing modesty, respecting our bodies, saying no to fornication. Why would a man put up with that and have the "shame" of having a whale on his arm? Whereas at least with a good practicing Catholic skinny lady on his arm, at least he gets that social nod of approval.

Its just a thought.

Anyway, my flab, it's my nuclear survival kit, so while all those skinny wenches are digging up root vegetables, I'll be sitting pretty. ^_^

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Gayle-177908 said: So I have recently noticed a common issue among men, especially Catholic men. Is it just me or ar...

--hide--

Every man has their own attractions; some like tall women, some like short; some like bigger women some like think women. I personally prefer physically fit women.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I've noticed something, and its probably a gross generalisation. As you've said, Catholic women ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I've noticed something, and its probably a gross generalisation. As you've said, Catholic women who are chunky tend to be single, whereas the skinny ones are usually okay; I've noticed the same trend....
--hide--

Sweetie, I can't speak to your location, but I've been kind of noticing over the last couple of years that there are a lot of guys out there who like big, beautiful women. They've told me so. No matter what size we are, what is wrong with looking the best we can look? Just wondering.

Feb 24th 2013 new

thin*

Feb 24th 2013 new

I've been on a lot of dating sites, and I will say quite frankly that on the two Catholic dating sites I've been on, I've had more guys openly reject me because of my weight. Again, this is a gross generalization, but the impression I get is that they feel that because they're such good Catholic "catches," they "deserve" Catholic Malibu Barbie.

Just my experience. Whatever. I know plenty of guys who find me attractive, so I try not to let it get to me. I'll find someone who loves me for me.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Gayle-177908 said: So I have recently noticed a common issue among men, especially Catholic men. Is...

--hide--
I find it hard to believe that it's especially Catholic Men over non Catholic Men.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Moire-630682 said: I've been on a lot of dating sites,
(Quote) Moire-630682 said: I've been on a lot of dating sites,
--hide--

Don't know about the dating sites...just saying IRL I've had several men tell me, and those are the women they are dating...that they like big girls.

Feb 24th 2013 new

--hide--

My experience has been the opposite. I haven't met many guys who want skinny girls, and I have many girlfriends of all shapes and sizes who are single. Pesonal attraction is unique to that particular individual. I, personally, don't go for obese guys because for me the physical ability and well being of a family leader is a necessary factor of the success of family life.

Posts 1 - 10 of 200