Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

What are you reading?

Feb 23rd 2013 new

Hi everyone! This is my first forum post. biggrin

What books are you reading? Are they for Lent? If so, I assume they're spiritual/theological. If not, what genre are they? If you're not reading books, are you reading magazines or blogs? What do you like about what you're reading?

Feb 23rd 2013 new

I'm reading the ODD THOMAS series by Dean Koontz. The author was featured on EWTN (The World Over) in October last year, so I decided to check him out. biggrin I use a Nook Simple Touch. Does anyone use ebook readers here too?

Feb 23rd 2013 new
I'm always reading something. Right now it's Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's The Gulag Archipelago.
Feb 24th 2013 new

Hi Hannah, just finished : www.amazon.com , now starting : www.amazon.com

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Dyan-943376 said: I'm reading the ODD THOMAS series by Dean Koontz. The author was featured on EWTN (The World O...
(Quote) Dyan-943376 said:

I'm reading the ODD THOMAS series by Dean Koontz. The author was featured on EWTN (The World Over) in October last year, so I decided to check him out. I use a Nook Simple Touch. Does anyone use ebook readers here too?

--hide--

I just looked up the series on Wikipedia and it looks fascinating! I might have to check them out. Is Dean Koontz Catholic?

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Brad-937504 said: I'm always reading something. Right now it's Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's The Gulag Archipelago.
(Quote) Brad-937504 said: I'm always reading something. Right now it's Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's The Gulag Archipelago.
--hide--

I confess I had to look this one up, too, but it sounds like it was very influential in exposing the evils of communist Russia. It amazes me that one book had such a powerful impact. Thanks for responding!

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Hannah, just finished : www.amazon.com.
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Hi Hannah, just finished : www.amazon.com , now starting : www.amazon.com

--hide--

These look very interesting, especially since they are along the lines of things I've been thinking about lately.

Feb 24th 2013 new
I'm reading The Paris Wife, about Hemmingway's first marriage. Also, Pulse of my Heart (true story) Call The Midwife (which was made into a PBS series.
Feb 24th 2013 new

Yes, quite vocal about his Faith (interviews and so on), and I dare say his Odd Thomas series is a Catholic fiction novel (lots of references to GK Chesterton's philosophy and other Catholic ideas). He reminds me of a Catholic Stephen King. wink

Feb 24th 2013 new
I'm reading 2 books now. I'm not sure if I will finish them before they are due back at the library. The first is I Declare by Joel Osteen. The second is Straight Talk, No Chaser by Steve Harvey. I like books that fit into the self-help category. Although, I do enjoy non-fiction and health magazines.
Posts 1 - 10 of 92