Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

On the radio this morning, on the show with the Rabbi and the Deacon, they were talking about who
can be the next pope.

The Deacon said that it could be any Baptised Catholic Male, not just the men from the College of
Cardinals. He did not say they had to be single.

Is anyone surprised, and does anyone want the job?

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: On the radio this morning, on the show with the Rabbi and the Deacon, they were talking about ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

On the radio this morning, on the show with the Rabbi and the Deacon, they were talking about who
can be the next pope.

The Deacon said that it could be any Baptised Catholic Male, not just the men from the College of

--hide--

I would not want the job. BUt if by some wild movement of the Holy Spirit in the Cardinals causedit to happen, I would take the Name Peter II just to put an end to the silliness of the prophecies of St. Malachy.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: I would not want the job. BUt if by some wild movement of the Holy Spirit in the Cardinal...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

I would not want the job. BUt if by some wild movement of the Holy Spirit in the Cardinals causedit to happen, I would take the Name Peter II just to put an end to the silliness of the prophecies of St. Malachy.

--hide--

It will be a lot of work, but with God's calling, I know you can do it.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: On the radio this morning, on the show with the Rabbi and the Deacon, they were talking about ...

can be the next pope.

--hide--
Hi Marianne, good topic ! There are several Dominicans and Benedictines who IMHO are at least as well qualified as any of the College of Cardinals. As the lurid lead lines in the daily MSM demonstrate, the hat doesn't magically confer the heart needed for the job.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: The Deacon said that it could be any Baptised Catholic Male, not just the men from the College...

--hide--

I believe He also has to be Confirmed (Confirmation)

Steve wave

Feb 26th 2013 new

I will volunteer for the job.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Marianne, good topic ! There are several Dominicans and Benedictines who IMHO are at least as...
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Hi Marianne, good topic ! There are several Dominicans and Benedictines who IMHO are at least as well qualified as any of the College of Cardinals. As the lurid lead lines in the daily MSM demonstrate, the hat doesn't magically confer the heart needed for the job.

--hide--

Even if the person was not from the College of Cardinals, they would most likely pick someone who knows the ins
and outs of Rome, and I think the Dominicans or Benedictines would qualify. The job of being Pope is such a very hard job.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-72317 said: I believe He also has to be Confirmed (Confirmation)Steve
(Quote) Steve-72317 said:

I believe He also has to be Confirmed (Confirmation)

Steve

--hide--

That is probably right.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8