Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: It can get worse, its going to get worse. This really is nothing. Still repugnant though. ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

It can get worse, its going to get worse. This really is nothing. Still repugnant though.

Again we see the ignorance of people, Onan was struck dead for "spilling his seed" because the punishment for ignoring the law of fathering your dead brother's child is social chastisement and in extreme cases, being kicked out of the community. It wasn't death.

Really could have been done with a little more tact, putting smething like that in a chapel, what? The uni didnt' have anywhere else for them? I find that hard to beleive. The choice of venue was clearly obviously done with intent to offend.

--hide--
You're right Naomi, it had to have been a deliberate attack on Christianity. They had other choices.

Feb 26th 2013 new

This is disgusting.

But more than anything else, it baffles me that they felt the need to have this class at all. Anyone desiring to learn how to commit these sinful acts can find plenty of information on the internet.

And even were it not held in the chapel, the notion of discussing these things in public is extremely sketchy and nasty. There are some things one simply does not discuss, nor even aknowledge, in a public forum. Even most people who don't see such acts as sin understand that it's a "private bodily function."

Holding this carnival of perversion in a holy place is just the epitome of crass, satanic amorality. It was a clear and well-thought-out choice, a deliberate attack on the light and a breeding-ground for vile darklings.

Pardon me whilst I vomit.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-942124 said: This is disgusting. But more than anything else, it baffles me that they felt the need...
(Quote) Elizabeth-942124 said:

This is disgusting.

But more than anything else, it baffles me that they felt the need to have this class at all. Anyone desiring to learn how to commit these sinful acts can find plenty of information on the internet.

And even were it not held in the chapel, the notion of discussing these things in public is extremely sketchy and nasty. There are some things one simply does not discuss, nor even aknowledge, in a public forum. Even most people who don't see such acts as sin understand that it's a "private bodily function."

Holding this carnival of perversion in a holy place is just the epitome of crass, satanic amorality. It was a clear and well-thought-out choice, a deliberate attack on the light and a breeding-ground for vile darklings.

Pardon me whilst I vomit.

--hide--

My brother is no devout Catholic by any means, and he feals that those who worship in that chapel and the priest that speaks the mass there should have done what was necessary to put a hault the matter.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Then read this and see what the students are learning in American colleges. I warn you, some of ...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Then read this and see what the students are learning in American colleges. I warn you, some of it is not easy reading nor R rated it's more XXX. notice where it is being taught and the Bible reference. Lets see what everyone thinks??? www.thecollegefix.com

--hide--

This was definitely an inappropriate venue for this seminar, no doubt chosen because of its inappropriateness, as a way of making a statement. As far as discussing the topics, I agree that there should be a free and open dialogue of ideas and topics, and as an educator have had classes which covered some touchy topics. This, however, smacks at the deliberate attempt to sensationalize and disrespect -- mocking and whoever encouraged, sponsored, etc should be ashamed of themselves for allowing it to take place in a chapel, when I am sure there are plenty of acceptable venues on campus.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Full text of the statement from Allegheny College President Jim Mullen issued Friday:
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Full text of the statement from Allegheny College President Jim Mullen issued Friday:

"Our campus is and will be a place where a wide range of ideas and topics can be openly discussed, and that includes conversations about sexuality that might be uncomfortable for some. The notion of the Allegheny campus as a safe place for such free and open discussion is one of our most cherished values.

But we hold respectfulness to be a cherished value as well. This means we are instinctively thoughtful about how our words and actions impact others. As a community, we are thoughtful about what we say. About how we say it. And also, where we say it.

The decision to hold this event in our Chapel felt disrespectful to members of the Allegheny community who regard it to be inappropriate for a house of worship. Whether or not everyone agrees with that feeling it is a matter of respect to take those feelings into account and to accommodate them if possible. That could have been accomplished without restricting open discussion by selecting another site. I wish that another venue had been chosen."
--hide--

He wishes that another venue had been chosen? What is Mr. Milquetoast going to do to ensure nothing like this happens again?

Feb 26th 2013 new
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: This was definitely an inappropriate venue for this seminar, no doubt chosen because of its in...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

This was definitely an inappropriate venue for this seminar, no doubt chosen because of its inappropriateness, as a way of making a statement. As far as discussing the topics, I agree that there should be a free and open dialogue of ideas and topics, and as an educator have had classes which covered some touchy topics. This, however, smacks at the deliberate attempt to sensationalize and disrespect -- mocking and whoever encouraged, sponsored, etc should be ashamed of themselves for allowing it to take place in a chapel, when I am sure there are plenty of acceptable venues on campus.

--hide--
As far as I'm concerned, this doesn't belong anywhere on a college campus.

These folks have an agenda...and they promulgate it "in the name of academic freedom".
Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: It can get worse, its going to get worse. This really is nothing. Still repugnant though. ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

It can get worse, its going to get worse. This really is nothing. Still repugnant though.

Again we see the ignorance of people, Onan was struck dead for "spilling his seed" because the punishment for ignoring the law of fathering your dead brother's child is social chastisement and in extreme cases, being kicked out of the community. It wasn't death.

Really could have been done with a little more tact, putting smething like that in a chapel, what? The uni didnt' have anywhere else for them? I find that hard to beleive. The choice of venue was clearly obviously done with intent to offend.

--hide--

I agree with Naomi. It's going to get a lot worse. Was it Judge Robert Bork or someone else who said if God doesn't punish America for her sins He will have to aologize to Sodom and Gemorah? I think that Chastisement is around the corner.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: This was definitely an inappropriate venue for this seminar, no doubt chosen because of...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

--hide--
I couldn't have said it better myself Lauren, and yes, there is no doubt in my mind that this was a direct, and planned insult to Christian morality!

Feb 27th 2013 new

I believe the majority of our college campuses are infiltrated by liberal "evolved" professors who have a political agenda in mind. I experienced this first hand. I am recently back in school and had to write a persuasive essay on gay marriage -using scholarly sources of course- why it is right or wrong- oh and the bible is not a scholarly source. This Comp. class was always controversial in nature and the very openly gay professor degraded anyone with traditional values as being a dinosaur- out of touch with the times and ignorant. I believe this class experience was all about his gay agenda, as he had the students under his thumb for a grade--oh and I was definitely the minority as a white heterosexual christian male.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) William-675153 said: I believe the majority of our college campuses are infiltrated by liberal "evolved" p...
(Quote) William-675153 said:

I believe the majority of our college campuses are infiltrated by liberal "evolved" professors who have a political agenda in mind. I experienced this first hand. I am recently back in school and had to write a persuasive essay on gay marriage -using scholarly sources of course- why it is right or wrong- oh and the bible is not a scholarly source. This Comp. class was always controversial in nature and the very openly gay professor degraded anyone with traditional values as being a dinosaur- out of touch with the times and ignorant. I believe this class experience was all about his gay agenda, as he had the students under his thumb for a grade--oh and I was definitely the minority as a white heterosexual christian male.

--hide--

Well William, go to this thread www.catholicmatch.com and take a look at who are the ones who are out of touch with the times and ignorant. Talk about opening flood gates rolling eyes

Posts 21 - 30 of 44