Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Parishes in New York have been asked to toll their bells at 2pm New York time, the exact time
Pope Benedict will formally resign his ministry as pope. Then they should not ring them again until
the new pope is elected.

A special Mass will also be celebrated for the intentions of the Pope and for the Church during this time
of transition in St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC at 2pm on February 28.

Will the bell's toll in any other cities at 8pm Rome time, when the Pope steps down?

It is a nice idea.

Feb 27th 2013 new

www.cny.org

This is the article in our Catholic New York newspaper.

Feb 27th 2013 new

I love that! I love bells and what a loving and respectful.."send off" maybe not the bells that ring as we enter Heaven would sound almost as sweet! I love that man! We are so blessed to be Catholic! Thanks Marianne. biggrin Praying theheart

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: I love that! I love bells and what a loving and respectful.."send off" maybe not the bel...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

I love that! I love bells and what a loving and respectful.."send off" maybe not the bells that ring as we enter Heaven would sound almost as sweet! I love that man! We are so blessed to be Catholic! Thanks Marianne.

--hide--

I wonder if they are doing it in your home state of Illinois?

Feb 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Parishes in New York have been asked to toll their bells at 2pm New York time, the exact timePope Benedi...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Parishes in New York have been asked to toll their bells at 2pm New York time, the exact time
Pope Benedict will formally resign his ministry as pope. Then they should not ring them again until
the new pope is elected.

A special Mass will also be celebrated for the intentions of the Pope and for the Church during this time
of transition in St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC at 2pm on February 28.

Will the bell's toll in any other cities at 8pm Rome time, when the Pope steps down?

It is a nice idea.

--hide--
How nice, Marianne!

Wish the bells would toll in every diocese throughout the world.
Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: How nice, Marianne! Wish the bells would toll in every diocese throughout the world.
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: How nice, Marianne!

Wish the bells would toll in every diocese throughout the world.
--hide--

Too bad people can't call their churches and ask to have the bells toll for the Pope.

I am surprised that it isn't done in other places in the USA.

Feb 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Too bad people can't call their churches and ask to have the bells toll for the Pope.I a...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Too bad people can't call their churches and ask to have the bells toll for the Pope.

I am surprised that it isn't done in other places in the USA.

--hide--
Marianne, great minds think alike! biggrin

Too bad the USCCB didn't make arrangements for the bells to toll and a moment of prayer. Our Holy Father deserves that!

Perhaps we can call our local parishes/dioceses early tomorrow morning. I'd love to hear the bells toll at 2 pm.
Feb 27th 2013 new

clap pope clap Praying theheart

Feb 27th 2013 new

The Bells St. Peter's Basilica at Vatican, Italy. www.youtube.com

Feb 27th 2013 new

The Bells of Salzburg Cathedral, Austria. www.youtube.com

Posts 1 - 10 of 16