Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I was at work Sunday night and just about to put our names on the patient information board when I noticed there wasn't a marker. I was going next door to get one when my shoe stuck to the floor. One minute I was standing and the next I was flat on the floor in the doorway! I heard the patient's son say "Mother, I think your nurse just fell to the floor." I knew my knee hurt but my pride was bruised when he was standing over me asking if I needed a wheelchair! Oh, my aching patella! (Kneecap)>>>> Does anyone want to share an embarassing story?
Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: I was at work Sunday night and just about to put our names on the patient information board when I noti...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: I was at work Sunday night and just about to put our names on the patient information board when I noticed there wasn't a marker. I was going next door to get one when my shoe stuck to the floor. One minute I was standing and the next I was flat on the floor in the doorway! I heard the patient's son say "Mother, I think your nurse just fell to the floor." I knew my knee hurt but my pride was bruised when he was standing over me asking if I needed a wheelchair! Oh, my aching patella! (Kneecap)>>>> Does anyone want to share an embarassing story?
--hide--
Mine is not nearly as painful as yours, but last Saturday a dear lady took me to see Lincoln. Being an old geezer, about half way through I needed to use the restroom. I walked down the same passageway I saw another guy use earlier, went through a doorway but it locked behind me. The only option was to go out the exit to an alley, walk around the building to the main entrance. Unfortunately the young lady at the turnstile would not let me back in (my friend had the ticket stubs). I asked her to check with her boss who I was finally able to convince to let me back in. We laughed about it later over dinner, but I wasn't laughing then! shocked

Feb 28th 2013 new

That deserves a hug

Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: I was at work Sunday night and just about to put our names on the patient information board when I noticed there ...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: I was at work Sunday night and just about to put our names on the patient information board when I noticed there wasn't a marker. I was going next door to get one when my shoe stuck to the floor. One minute I was standing and the next I was flat on the floor in the doorway! I heard the patient's son say "Mother, I think your nurse just fell to the floor." I knew my knee hurt but my pride was bruised when he

was standing over me asking if I needed a wheelchair! Oh, my aching patella! (Kneecap)>>>>

Does anyone want to share an embarassing story?
--hide--

hug sending hugs
Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Mine is not nearly as painful as yours, but last Saturday a dear lady took me to see Lincoln. Being an old geez...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Mine is not nearly as painful as yours, but last Saturday a dear lady took me to see Lincoln. Being an old geezer, about half way through I needed to use the restroom. I walked down the same passageway I saw another guy use earlier, went through a doorway but it locked behind me. The only option was to go out the exit to an alley, walk around the building to the main entrance. Unfortunately the young lady at the turnstile would not let me back in (my friend had the ticket stubs). I asked her to check with her boss who I was finally able to convince to let me back in. We laughed about it later over dinner, but I wasn't laughing then!

--hide--
Hi Peter, That is a funny story...I was wondering what your lady was thinking! Being a nurse, my mind is attempting to solve your dilemma. I suggest a leg bag...you know what I am talking about. I enjoy Your honesty Peter. Eileen
Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: sending hugs
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

sending hugs
--hide--
Thanks Brenda and Marge...I really needed them that night. Of course word got out that I had fallen and the circumstances and I did get sympathy from a few people in the ICU. Kim came over and told me her falling story too. My friends on my floor wanted to put a CALL DON'T FALL bracelet on me! My grey roots may have been showing.......Eileen
Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Thanks Brenda and Marge...I really needed them that night. Of course word got out that I had fallen and the circu...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Thanks Brenda and Marge...I really needed them that night. Of course word got out that I had fallen and the circumstances and I did get sympathy from a few people in the ICU. Kim came over and told me her falling story too. My friends on my floor wanted to put a CALL DON'T FALL bracelet on me!

My grey roots may have been showing.......Eileen
--hide--

Yikes....my Andrew was a bit of a clutz...one night he was trying to kill a possum with an ax. Tripped in a hole & sprained his ankle. All I can say is thank goodness he did not fall on the ax blade...I don't do blood well at all. In fact I tend to pass out when I see it even if it is my own....lol
Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Yikes....my Andrew was a bit of a clutz...one night he was trying to kill a possum with an ax. Tripped in ...

Yikes....my Andrew was a bit of a clutz...one night he was trying to kill a possum with an ax. Tripped in a hole & sprained his ankle. All I can say is thank goodness he did not fall on the ax blade...I don't do blood well at all. In fact I tend to pass out when I see it even if it is my own....lol
--hide--
The only time my stomach does flips is when it's one of my kids that has been injured. I can only imagine how difficult it is to be in your situation. Good thing all that Andrew suffered was a sprain. One of my friends was killing a snake with a hoe and with the repeated motion on cement, she tore her rotator cuff. She had to have surgery and was out of work for quite awhile. Blessings to you Brenda.
Mar 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: The only time my stomach does flips is when it's one of my kids that has been injured. I can only imagine how...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: The only time my stomach does flips is when it's one of my kids that has been injured. I can only imagine how difficult it is to be in your situation. Good thing all that Andrew suffered was a sprain. One of my friends was killing a snake with a hoe and with the repeated motion on cement, she tore her rotator cuff. She had to have surgery and was out of work for quite awhile. Blessings to you Brenda.
--hide--

I experienced so many miracles during the time I had Andrew I just knew God would grant me one more. His senior year he was t-boned in March on the Friday of spring break. When I got to the hospital and realized they had to use the jaws of life on his car I started praying my rosary. He was transported to an OKC hospital that had a trama unit. I remember praying the whole night and the torture of not being able to see him until morning while they worked on him. Thank goodness all he had at that time was some cracked bones in his hip and some glass above one eye.

God has used the events of my life to help mold me into the person he has willed me to be. Now I pray that I can continue to strive to follow the path I am called to. May you be blessed in all that you do.
Mar 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I experienced so many miracles during the time I had Andrew I just knew God would grant me one more. His s...

I experienced so many miracles during the time I had Andrew I just knew God would grant me one more. His senior year he was t-boned in March on the Friday of spring break. When I got to the hospital and realized they had to use the jaws of life on his car I started praying my rosary. He was transported to an OKC hospital that had a trama unit. I remember praying the whole night and the torture of not being able to see him until morning while they worked on him. Thank goodness all he had at that time was some cracked bones in his hip and some glass above one eye.

God has used the events of my life to help mold me into the person he has willed me to be. Now I pray that I can continue to strive to follow the path I am called to. May you be blessed in all that you do.
--hide--
Brenda, you have had a lot of trauma in your life and I must commend you that God has been your Savior allowing you sight of a future unknown but accepted. I am in awe of you. Eileen
Posts 1 - 10 of 25