Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-944492 said: My wife was admitted to the hospital a year ago today about a month and a half after our daughter was b...
(Quote) Daniel-944492 said: My wife was admitted to the hospital a year ago today about a month and a half after our daughter was born. She was quickly diagnosed with a rare cancer that was widely metastatic. We spent the year going through treatments but she the cancer just couldn't be controlled. She died this past November. She had repeatedly told me that she wanted me to move on, to allow myself to fall in love again. The past three months have been bad but I'm coming to the realization that I did a lot of grieving over the past year. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go on a date or not. Some days I feel like I could and others there is just no way. I figure this site might be a good start.
--hide--
Welcome to CM and the forum. The Widow & Widowers room has helped me to understand I am not alone, and that others have suffered greatly as well, thus pulling me out of myself and focusing on moving ahead with my life. I found many folks can't understand the pain of a W/Wer and avoid the topic of ones loss. I had no one to talk to about my loss as every time I would brush the subject, I would get cut off. You have come to the right place, Daniel. theheart

Feb 26th 2013 new
(Quote) Daniel-944492 said: My wife was admitted to the hospital a year ago today about a month and a half after our daughter was born. She w...
(Quote) Daniel-944492 said: My wife was admitted to the hospital a year ago today about a month and a half after our daughter was born. She was quickly diagnosed with a rare cancer that was widely metastatic. We spent the year going through treatments but she the cancer just couldn't be controlled. She died this past November.

She had repeatedly told me that she wanted me to move on, to allow myself to fall in love again. The past three months have been bad but I'm coming to the realization that I did a lot of grieving over the past year. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go on a date or not. Some days I feel like I could and others there is just no way. I figure this site might be a good start.
--hide--

Prayers for you as you grieve. May you find many supportive friends on this site. Z
Feb 28th 2013 new

So sorry for you loss Daniel. This is an excellent forum, because we have all been where you are at. It is a bumpy road, but we survive. My sons were teenagers when they lost their father. It has been 19 years since I lost John and 9 years since I lost Jerry. You will always miss them, but life is for the living and we must go on without them. You will know when the time is right to start dating again. God gives us the capacity to fall in love again.

Feb 28th 2013 new

Welcome . I am new too just joined 2 days ago. I lost my husband of 35 years in July after a 5 year battle with cancer. I am not sure if I am really ready for dating but I am sure that I need a friend that will understand what it is like to be a widow and that is what I hope to start out with.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-944492 said: My wife was admitted to the hospital a year ago today about a month and a half after our daughter was b...
(Quote) Daniel-944492 said: My wife was admitted to the hospital a year ago today about a month and a half after our daughter was born. She was quickly diagnosed with a rare cancer that was widely metastatic. We spent the year going through treatments but she the cancer just couldn't be controlled. She died this past November. She had repeatedly told me that she wanted me to move on, to allow myself to fall in love again. The past three months have been bad but I'm coming to the realization that I did a lot of grieving over the past year. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go on a date or not. Some days I feel like I could and others there is just no way. I figure this site might be a good start.
--hide--

Hi Daniel,

I am very sorry you are having to face this loss. Welcome and hugs and know you are not alone. I am still not sure if I am ready or not, but decided if I didn't at least start being open to the opportunities I might miss meeting someone special or making new friends. When all the pieces fall into place it will be time, but nothing wrong with making one's self present to the possibility.

Feb 28th 2013 new

Praying rosary

Mar 6th 2013 new

I have been widowed for 4 years, I still can't make up my mind if I ready to date or not. I have been on a couple of dates, the last one I was getting advice from of all people, the Mother Superior of the covent attached to where I work. Okay, maybe that wasn't to smart on my part.

I'm new to CM, but I feel comfort in the fact that there are people of faith knowing what I'm going thru. The best thing is that I don't have to say anything, they have already said what I'm feeling.

KEEP THE POSTS COMING!

Mar 6th 2013 new

I have been widowed for 4 years, I still can't make up my mind if I ready to date or not. I have been on a couple of dates, the last one I was getting advice from of all people, the Mother Superior of the covent attached to where I work. Okay, maybe that wasn't to smart on my part.

I'm new to CM, but I feel comfort in the fact that there are people of faith knowing what I'm going thru. The best thing is that I don't have to say anything, they have already said what I'm feeling.

KEEP THE POSTS COMING!

Mar 6th 2013 new

--hide--

Welcome to CM Daniel.Sorry to hear about your loss.Please feel free to grieve at your own pace.Don't feel bad about it.Glad to see that you are reaching out to others.There are lots of great people here.There is lots of support from individuals in the Prayer Room .

God blessings to you and your daugther.

Mar 6th 2013 new

Welcome Judie you are among friends.

Posts 11 - 20 of 32