Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I have been on here for a while... I have had a lot of people look at my profile, I have reached out to many men to say HI... and get no response. I have tried to join in on the chat rooms, and read the forums.

I can't be the only person out there that is having this lull?

Any feedback is appreciated wave

Feb 28th 2013 new

Your experience is typical.

1. Continue to post in the forums. It enables you to get to know others, and for them to get to know you...and gives you lots to talk about in those initial emails.
2. Attend a CM event if you can. Or start your own. Three or four local people meeting for Pizza on a Friday night can be a lot of fun.
3. Be patient. Many, many people are here because they are unmarried because they are shy. Give them some time to warm up to you.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Miriam-897989 said: I have been on here for a while... I have had a lot of people look at my profile, I have reached...
(Quote) Miriam-897989 said:

I have been on here for a while... I have had a lot of people look at my profile, I have reached out to many men to say HI... and get no response. I have tried to join in on the chat rooms, and read the forums.

Any feedback is appreciated

--hide--
Miriam, I just looked at your profile and only two things are on there that some men might shy away from. The first is that you have kids. Some men want to start a family from scratch. The other thing was that you prefer your current location. Both of those are fine to state because it is the truth and that will weed out the men that are not right for you.

I'm in a similar situation and if a woman is interested in me then she will send me a message or reply to mine. It never feels good not to receive emotes or messages after you've put yourself out there but that comes with online dating. All we can do is pray that God guides us to the one He has picked out for us.

Don't give up hope and have a Blessed day rosary

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Miriam-897989 said: I have been on here for a while... I have had a lot of people look at my profile, I have reached...

--hide--
That kind of lull is typical. Just keep posting in the forums and in the chat rooms. And have patience! good luck and God bless you in your search.

Feb 28th 2013 new

If there's a trick, I never learned it! laughing

Feb 28th 2013 new

Hi Miriam,

Work in sales an rejection will bother you less and less if you don't already. I love this question though, keep trying. The more connections you attempt to make the more likely you'll be able to make a connection. There's a lot of positive reading on this site about what to say and how to respond. The more you try the better your chances are, thats a common rule in many things...

I've found myself a little more successful this time around though. My self image has gotten better - probably because I have. I have a little more confidence, and I don't read things to negatively. I also found taking that personality test and comparing mine with others has helped me write and understand people better when they write me. Have a great Thursday.

-David

Feb 28th 2013 new

Keep on trying. Some people like myself look at some profiles, and then chicken out instead of sending a message. We all have to keep on trying. Good Luck.

Mar 1st 2013 new

You must not have read the terms of service. In the fine print it says, "There are really 12 Commandments. Number 12 is, Thou Shalt Not Chicken Out". wink

Mar 1st 2013 new

--hide--
The "trick", if you want to call it that, is to stay on CM long enough for people to get to know you -- through the forums, chatrooms, and personal contacts. A key word here is "patience". Things don't happen overnight, and we can't expect a spouse to be dumped in our laps immediately. It does take time. The same situation applies elsewhere as well -- outside activities, sports participation, volunteer work, jobs -- nothing for a seemingly forever length of time, then, almost magically, Prince Charming appears.

CM offers a tool kit -- it's up to each person to use the tools available.

Oh, yeah -- did I mention patience??? wink

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: You must not have read the terms of service. In the fine print it says, "There are really 12...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

You must not have read the terms of service. In the fine print it says, "There are really 12 Commandments. Number 12 is, Thou Shalt Not Chicken Out".

--hide--
gangster Chicken??? Chicken??? Chicken???

Posts 1 - 10 of 15