Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

That show should be illegal.

It makes me sooo hungry. I gain weight just watching it.

Has anybody been to one of the featured establishments?

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said "Has anybody been to one of the featured establishments?"
(Quote) Tom-54311 said "Has anybody been to one of the featured establishments?"
--hide--

Chef Point Cafe in Watauga, TX is my favorite. I always try to eat there and fill up when I visit DFW.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: That show should be illegal.It makes me sooo hungry. I gain weight just watching it....
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

That show should be illegal.

It makes me sooo hungry. I gain weight just watching it.

Has anybody been to one of the featured establishments?

--hide--

I've been to a number of them here in Minnesota: Gordy's Hamburgers (great fish sandwiches but only open during the summer) in Cloquet, Duluth Grill just a mile down the hill from me, Anchor Bar (known for good hamburgers) across the river in Superior, WI, and Kramarchuk's (Ukranian deli/cafe) across the Miss. River from Downtown Mpls. Each one good, within their own specialty.

I agree, all that great food and large portions, Chef Guy Fieri is my hero. (He was actually filming at Kramarchuks one Sunday when I wanted to stop for the brunch buffet, couldn't get in the door, but did get a glimpse of him from the next door deli).

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: I've been to a number of them here in Minnesota: Gordy's Hamburgers (great fish ...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

I've been to a number of them here in Minnesota: Gordy's Hamburgers (great fish sandwiches but only open during the summer) in Cloquet, Duluth Grill just a mile down the hill from me, Anchor Bar (known for good hamburgers) across the river in Superior, WI, and Kramarchuk's (Ukranian deli/cafe) across the Miss. River from Downtown Mpls. Each one good, within their own specialty.

I agree, all that great food and large portions, Guy Fieri is my hero. (He was actually filming at Kramarchuks one Sunday when I wanted to stop for the brunch buffet, couldn't get in the door, but did get a glimpse of him from the next door deli).

--hide--

Nothing near Brainerd. We used to have some great places, (Smokey Bills BBQ, the Diner, etc.), until all the corporate franchises came to town.

I saw one show from Duluth where our hero was in a place that made its own sausages.....it made me nuts. I think it was near Grandma's. Does this ring a bell? Like I need an excuse to go to that great city of Duluth!

Feb 28th 2013 new

Love that show! Grew up just outside of Superior but I could never bring myself to go to the Anchor Bar. I was shocked when I saw that episode. Major DIVE laughing

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Nothing near Brainerd. We used to have some great places, (Smokey Bills BBQ, the Diner, ...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Nothing near Brainerd. We used to have some great places, (Smokey Bills BBQ, the Diner, etc.), until all the corporate franchises came to town.

I saw one show from Duluth where our hero was in a place that made its own sausages.....it made me nuts. I think it was near Grandma's. Does this ring a bell? Like I need an excuse to go to that great city of Duluth!

--hide--

Must be this place, Tom (Norhtern Waters Smokehaus). I missed that episode... and I drive by the place almost every day, it is in the DeWitt Seitz building, an old warehouse that is now full of restaurants and gift shops... if you come out of Grandma's and walk across that big parking lot across the street heading away from the Bridge, you're there. I'll have to stop in.
www.foodnetwork.com

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Dana-782979 said: Love that show! Grew up just outside of Superior but I could never bring myself to go to the Ancho...
(Quote) Dana-782979 said:

Love that show! Grew up just outside of Superior but I could never bring myself to go to the Anchor Bar. I was shocked when I saw that episode. Major DIVE

--hide--

Yeah, it is kinda rough in the Anchor, but it is cleaned up a bit now that there is no more indoor smoking.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Yeah, it is kinda rough in the Anchor, but it is cleaned up a bit now that there is no m...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Yeah, it is kinda rough in the Anchor, but it is cleaned up a bit now that there is no more indoor smoking.

--hide--

Maybe I'll try it when I come home this summer or maybe I'll just get something to go tongue

Feb 28th 2013 new

Michael,

Is the line always really long at Gordy's? That's what it sounds like whenever anyone talks about it.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Dana-782979 said: Michael,Is the line always really long at Gordy's? That's what it sounds like when...
(Quote) Dana-782979 said:

Michael,

Is the line always really long at Gordy's? That's what it sounds like whenever anyone talks about it.

--hide--

If you try to go in right at noon on a Sunday, or supper time on Friday or Saturday night, you might have to wait awhile; otherwise, on weeknights or other odd times I've never waited more than 5 to 10 minutes. There are better hamburger places around, but the family atmosphere in there can't be beat. The fish sandwiches are really good, as are the onion rings. The shakes are awesome!

Posts 1 - 10 of 14