Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I Took Down a Scammer

Feb 28th 2013 new

Proud of myself for getting this person off the site! Haha. Person was listed as female but her odd intro was written with wording such as, "she deserves a man who will show her God's love, etc . . ." I simply grabbed a small portion of her intro - and Googled it to find it all over the web.

The next day a photo appears (she was a new member) and I used Google reverse image search to see it on a romance scam site.

Busted!!!

Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Mike-905381 said: Proud of myself for getting this person off the site! Haha. Person was listed as female but her odd intro was wr...
(Quote) Mike-905381 said:

Proud of myself for getting this person off the site! Haha. Person was listed as female but her odd intro was written with wording such as, "she deserves a man who will show her God's love, etc . . ." I simply grabbed a small portion of her intro - and Googled it to find it all over the web.

The next day a photo appears (she was a new member) and I used Google reverse image search to see it on a romance scam site.

Busted!!!

--hide--
Good for you Mike and good for all of us Columbo! I really did love that series. Eileen
Feb 28th 2013 new

That's great Eileen, but . . . just one more thing . . .

Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Mike-905381 said: That's great Eileen, but . . . just one more thing . . .

That's great Eileen, but . . . just one more thing . . .

--hide--
Funny Mike but you have to get the eye thing going.
Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Mike-905381 said: Proud of myself for getting this person off the site! Haha. Person was listed as female but her odd intro was wr...

Busted!!!

--hide--

Thank you Mike.
Feb 28th 2013 new

Good work. I have to say, though, I 've never heard of a female scammer being so obvious.
Glad to know you're keeping your brain turned on and not letting all the ladies turn your head. laughing

Feb 28th 2013 new

Thank you, Mike good work!

Mar 1st 2013 new

Not to toot my own horn, but rather to help everyone understand the situation....

This person was flagged, automatically, for 4 different suspicious things (I can't say which). They were manually flagged by the photo reviewer, and then additionally flagged by Mike. Had this scammer attempted to pay, they would have been automatically denied access to full member access until reviewed by our staff. The account was removed as soon as someone started reviewing the flagged accounts.

We remove literally dozens of these accounts per day, but most of them don't last more than a few hours.

That being said, my system isn't perfect, so if you DO see something odd, please report it from their profile. And if anyone, for any reason, says that they need money to get home from the ocean oil rig that they're on so they can visit their dying daughter, please don't. Just report it.

Mar 1st 2013 new

Glad your staff is on it! I was being a little "cute" giving myself so much props. I was just glad the profile came down. I was actually thinking others must have caught the discrepancies because they were so glaring. Now I'm wondering if I missed the ones you can not share? Hmmm. Thanks again.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-905381 said: Proud of myself for getting this person off the site! Haha. Person was listed as female but her od...

Busted!!!

--hide--

Good job Mike! I commended you for doing that. It's sad to know that many scammers have already penetrated this site...I thought it was safe when I first joined it because it's mainly for Catholics (I thought), but after a month since I joined in, I was contacted by some of them and I blocked them. It's embarrassing to say, but I've been a past victim of a good romantic scammer from other dating site and I don't doubt if he is also on this site looking for more prey/victim using different names and different pictures. I am very careful now and know very well the "signs" of those kind of people who do such a "bad business" and taking advantage of vulnerable women (and men) looking for real love. Ladies, be careful with those kind of men.

Posts 1 - 10 of 19