Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: You are wrong on one item Marianne. We will not have 2 Popes soon. We have none now and w...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

You are wrong on one item Marianne. We will not have 2 Popes soon. We have none now and when the new one is elected, he will be the only one.

If people don't believe inflation is kicking in here is a tidbit to chew on.

I have a friend who owns and runs a small restaurant.Today she was aksed to pay some $30 for a half case of cabbage. It has not been that long, just a couple of weeks, that she paid about half that for a full case.

At this point I'll interject a little levinty here, she is a Coptic Orthodox from Egypt and owns and operates a teriyaki restaurant.

--hide--
I just went grocery shopping today and am stunned at he prices! I can't get three tiny bags of anything for under $50 and then I got to get gas to get home and even with my tiny toyota that is almost another half hundred....my entire check is eaten up with gas and food and more gas.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I just went grocery shopping today and am stunned at he prices! I can't get three tiny bags ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I just went grocery shopping today and am stunned at he prices! I can't get three tiny bags of anything for under $50 and then I got to get gas to get home and even with my tiny toyota that is almost another half hundred....my entire check is eaten up with gas and food and more gas.

--hide--

Cheryl, the grocery store prices are getting so high. Everyone is saying that. Food stamps are looking like good options.

Isn't it ironic that the Government says we have little to no inflation. They must not go grocery shopping, or put gas
in their cars or send their kids to college, or go to the doctor and fill their prescriptions. Today the tolls and mass
transit went up quite a bit in the NY/NJ area.

I thought all the above was inflationary--but not to Uncle Sam.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I just went grocery shopping today and am stunned at he prices! I can't get three tiny bags ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--
That is the plan.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: You don't need a lot of money to short, or buy put or call options. I hope you mak...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

You don't need a lot of money to short, or buy put or call options. I hope you make a lot of money. It takes a lot of
time though. You have the smarts for it.

--hide--

Time to get out Black-Scholes...

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Mark-947606 said: That is the plan.
(Quote) Mark-947606 said:

That is the plan.

--hide--

What is the plan??? To bankrupt people?

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Time to get out Black-Scholes...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Time to get out Black-Scholes...

--hide--

I guess if you really had a lot of money, you could do a "Hunt Brothers" type of cornering the market in
a commodity.

Mar 1st 2013 new

Anyone who heard me say that this was going to happen called me a racist, homophobic, sexist, bigot. Usually spewed at you by a "tolerant" liberal.
In Mass., Catholic is an insult.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I think you may be getting a little out of the ballpark by saying that nothing is true...

I think you may be getting a little out of the ballpark by saying that nothing is true and nothing is false. If you set up
your theory, you can either prove it or disprove it, by using the scientific method, only if that method applies to
proving your theory.

Could you explain a little about the American Psychiatric Association's definition about homosexuality? Apparently,
some time ago Homosexuality was considered a defect. Not sure what they are saying now.

--hide--

From what I remember, in 1973 homosexual activists pretty much threatened to riot if the APA didn't remove homosexuality as a mental disorder from the diagnostic manual. For decades American society has been engineered to accept homosexuality as normal if not preferred. Homosexuality fits into the whole overpopulation idea still being pushed by elites.

Take a look at the cover of this pro-homosexual magazine from 1956: en.wikipedia.org

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: What is the plan??? To bankrupt people?

What is the plan??? To bankrupt people?

--hide--

Probably to do to the US what was done to Latin American countries from the 1970s-90s. Just a few weeks ago I noticed that Chicago's trying to privatize Midway Airport. The vampires at the IMF, World Bank and other parasitic financial organizations would love to run the US through the Washington Consensus. These people are Satan's army on earth.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: From what I remember, in 1973 homosexual activists pretty much threatened to riot if t...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

From what I remember, in 1973 homosexual activists pretty much threatened to riot if the APA didn't remove homosexuality as a mental disorder from the diagnostic manual. For decades American society has been engineered to accept homosexuality as normal if not preferred. Homosexuality fits into the whole overpopulation idea still being pushed by elites.

Take a look at the cover of this pro-homosexual magazine from 1956: en.wikipedia.org

--hide--

Sean, I get the "Overpopulation" idea--but at this point in time, overpopulation is not an issue. Japan, Europe, the US,
Russia and many other countries are not producing babies. Of course, abortion has a big part to play in that.

Posts 31 - 40 of 118