Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Is everyone getting ads when they sign on to CM. I mean I get I have to put up with that stuff if I'm on youtube or yahoo, but is is supposed to be happening on here? There was some ad about "liking' Asian women just now and some other inappropriate dating site...yuck! What is going on?

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Is everyone getting ads when they sign on to CM. I mean I get I have to put up with that stuff i...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Is everyone getting ads when they sign on to CM. I mean I get I have to put up with that stuff if I'm on youtube or yahoo, but is is supposed to be happening on here? There was some ad about "liking' Asian women just now and some other inappropriate dating site...yuck! What is going on?

--hide--

CM uses a Google service which provides the ads that displayed; CM does not pre-select or screen the ads. They can, however block inappropriate ads that do appear.

If possible, get the URL the ad directs to (right click and use Copy Shortcut in IE or use Copy Link Location in Firefox) and submit a Help ticket containing a explanation of the nature of the ad and the URL. If the right click menu doesn't have those options (as it won't if the ad is Flash-based), include as much information about the ad as possible, especially the name of the advertiser and/or product).

Mar 4th 2013 new

We actually have all dating / social ads turned off, but that doesn't stop some advertisers miscategorizing their ads, and then they come through for a bit. Submit a ticket with the URL / company of the ad and we can take it off permanently.

Posts 1 - 3 of 3