Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Claire-730554 said: Is there something wrong with short women.I 'm short and still having problems with dating. ...
(Quote) Claire-730554 said:

Is there something wrong with short women.I 'm short and still having problems with dating. :

--hide--

Hi Claire,

I always see the tall guys with the short women, so I think if anything it is an advantage. I remember, when I was younger (and used to wish I was cute and petite), I'd think, "Hey, leave that tall guy for us giants, will you. There are none left for us." laughing Anyway, now that I'm older, I don't care of course. I'm sure you will meet the right guy for you and as a previous poster said, God made you just right. If I'd known that enough and had better self-esteem in my younger days perhaps I would have chosen better the first time.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Kristen-878108 said: (Quote) Claire-730554 said:
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Kristen-878108 said:

Quote:
Claire-730554 said:

Is there something wrong with short women.I 'm short and still having problems with dating. :

Claire, I am short too! I didn't realize that it WAS a drawback! Hang in there - there are men who will appreciate YOU no matter how tall or short you are!

It is not a drawback. We should all hope to find a person of good character. The right man will see what a gem you are Claire and Kristen and looks for character.... The man you don't want to be with- treats this issue as if you are an object.

--hide--

Claire- Sorry I mispelled your name!!

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: The man was from Salinas, CA was very legalistic and was a recovered alcoholic. I had bee...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

The man was from Salinas, CA was very legalistic and was a recovered alcoholic. I had been reading about John Steinbeck (author)and how there is a old home in Carmel where he lived and this man was an English teacher who lived near those areas of CA and I asked about it and attempted to engage this man in intelligent and respectful conversation. He was ok with that but was not very excited about the home Steinbeck had lived in- still that is a more appropriate subjkect matter than my weight IMHO.

I was stunned when suddenly raised the bar (or lowered himself) and he threatened to quit talking if I did not disclose my weight. I stated to him, "I will not disclose my weight to you, you are free to discontinue talking with me."

I very am well aware that I am short and that I am not thin in appearance in my photos. I grew up dancing ballet in front of a mirror where we had to scrutinize our appearance. I know that most ballerinas and models literally starve themselves but are gifted with a thin frame. I can look thinner but always must work at it and I am more than willing to do so. THAT is the CONVERSATON and MAN and WOMAN need to have with one another. I need to state I am more than willing to exercise and he needs to join me or do the same himself. Period.

I am not going to be treated that way and I am not going to let someone treat me like an object SIMPLY for his pleasure like he was ordering up a doll. I gave him what he deserved. He knew almost nothing about me and I don't deserve that. Weight can be discussed but not in an degrading, objectifying, ugly or threatening way. I am not an object. I am a human being. I expect to be treated with respect and so should everyone here.

--hide--

WoW. I would say that guy from Salinas was clueless, but in an indirect sort of way he did you a favor in that he came out of the closet, so to speak, and presented his idiocy early on. It is better to learn that early on, the earlier the better. I think you handled that perfectly. Faith and personality are way more important than weight and height. Just my 2 cents.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

Thanks Donna!

Mar 2nd 2013 new
Your height isn't a drawback Claire. Being short isn't a problem at all. Being tall for a women might be a disadvantage though because guys will assume that you aren't interested if you are taller than they are.
Mar 2nd 2013 new

I don't think there is anything wrong with short women.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

Im short and I dont worry about my height. If people can accept me for me then they are not my friends. As my mom and grandma always told me good things come in small packages.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

I am just under 5 feet, so I know how it feels and I have heard all the short jokes there are....the good news is that my height has never bothered me, it does not define who I am. I would hope a man would look at the size of my heart instead of my height

Mar 2nd 2013 new

I'm the shrimp in my family, just at five foot. My brothers are all six foot or better. Pete was 5'10" and I always felt small compared to him :-). I've dated some really tall fellas 6'4" or better and I've dated some a lot closer to my height. My sister was 5'5". And, then there was me lol. The only time I wish I was taller is when going to a concert or some venue with lots of people because people don't see me and that can cause trampling lol. My uncle's nickname for me was runt, because I was the runt of the litter :-)). But, as he reminded me, runts usually make the best pick and great things come in small packages like dynamite LOL. So, I've never felt it was a disadvantage in dating, but it has its drawbacks in real life, like everything I want at the grocery store is out of reach LOL. . . My father-in-law asked me the first time he met me, if I had sued the city? And, I said no why? And, he replied, for building the sidewalk so close to your backside lol. . .

Mar 2nd 2013 new

I'm 5'5", so no. smile wink

Posts 21 - 30 of 56