This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."
Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter
1. My work email which I hate using because the server is rubbish, but I use it for internal work stuff.
2. My "normal" email which I communicate with all friends and family, and other official stuff. Usually computer game/services related/online shopping from reputable sources.
3. I have the one I use here and doesn't give out my name in the sender's details. Also for other sites that I know are just spamtastic.
4. And I have another one as an emergency back up for the others. You know how some ask for an alternative addy in case you forget your password?
There's probably another 3 or 4 floating around from my many years and the forgetful nature of my [at the time] clever passwords, but that i don't bother using any more.
I have 4
1) Is my all purpose email it also gets lots of spam mail...
2) I use for store sites..LL Bean for instance.. Bead sites, Best Buy, Big Lots etc.. Twitter mail goes there.. It gets a lot of spam too..
3) I use this one for emails related to my online selling business..Not much spam mail on this one
4) To reduce congestion I keep a fourth one for knitting patterns and knitting sites..I like to be able to find things easily. This one is pretty new so it doesn't get any spam..
I have 5 work ones depending on what server I'm using and because, since I don't go by Elizabeth in the RL, my company was kind enough to make up an email address for company use using the name I do go by. (One of the things I'm very upset about on CM is that I can't change the username here) We have three different systems and I need an email address on each system for internal communications.
For personal use, I have 5 as well.
1)One for all my blogging/dress/friends stuff
2)One to send resumes out from as well as to watch any professional list-serves
3) One mostly for writing
4) One I've had since I was ...14? I think. Although it's mostly for junk mail now, I keep it open and use it for ebay.
5) One that is unattributed completely to me It was mostly to talk to this one person who did not comprehend that you couldn't take an image from a website - any website- and put that same image up on etsy saying "I'll make this for you!" After enough of us reported her, she did get banned for life.
1-) My school district e-mail for my teaching job.
2-) My catch all e-mail that I've had since I was in high school. It gets all of my junk and store e-mails. It is also the e-mail I give out if a CM relationship is moving to e-mail because it does not have my name at all in the address.
3-) My e-mail address I only give to privileged people. I only get "real" e-mails on this account. I originally created this one when I was in college because we needed to have a "professional" e-mail address to put on resumes.