Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: (Quote) Carlos-923941 said: Hi Lisa tell the doctor that the best vacc...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

Quote:
Carlos-923941 said:

Hi Lisa tell the doctor that the best vaccine to prevent HPV is shutting legs. Sex is a gift given to us by God and its only allowed inside legal matrimony even the Holy Scriptures testifiy it. So please catechise him.

hey carlos, how about the husband who has an affair with a lady. his wife did not know about it at that tpoint. so 4 years later finds out she has hpv, stage 4? shutting your legs, for God's sake!

--hide--

clap clap clap THANK YOU!!!!

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: The burden of proof lies with whom makes the claim. I didn't make the intial claim and based ...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

The burden of proof lies with whom makes the claim. I didn't make the intial claim and based it upon an abstract. All I did was to warn about the dangers of not being critical regarding the sources of information. Have you even read the article yet?

--hide--

Well said, a scientist at last, a plain speaker. Well done sir

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Edel-677791 said: I would not want my children to have it for fear of it causing something!
(Quote) Edel-677791 said: I would not want my children to have it for fear of it causing something!
--hide--

Vaccines are made from usually dead disease culture, from which to form the antibodies to the disease. There are live vaccines but these are safe as they are strictly sanitised and checked. But a full understanding of immunology would take too much space time and energy, plus you'd probably get bored.

Essentially a vaccine kicks the subjects immune system into producing antibodies to the disease and thus allows the immune system to rapidly produce antibodies and send T cells to fight the disease before it manifests itself. (The shorthand version)

You can take relief in the fact that NO modern vaccine has caused the disease it was vaccinating against. But dont condem your children to the risk of disease by believing the rubbish that vaccines cause disease THEY DON'T.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Edel-677791 said: I didn't know that! Also, is it needed once or will it have to be done again later?
(Quote) Edel-677791 said: I didn't know that! Also, is it needed once or will it have to be done again later?
--hide--

Depends on the disease and vaccine. Tetenus needs to be given 3x before the age of 13, then every 10 years or so after, but the majority just have the adolescent dose and wait till they have an injury that could vector tetenus, usually it will be given if the last vaccination was more than 5 years ago.

Ask the nurse who will deliver it, they will give you the current information regarding the vaccination.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: My son had his checkup today, and this is the second time the doctor has talked to me about an HPV ...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

My son had his checkup today, and this is the second time the doctor has talked to me about an HPV vaccine for him. Most of you probably know that HPV is a sexually transmitted disease that increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. My son is only 12, and they are already recommending this type of thing! But my question is not really related to age. Do you think it's wise to vaccinate your teenager, be it at 12 or 17, against HPV? To me it seems like doing so is giving them an approval for pre-marital sex. It says, don't have sex, but let's get you vaccinated just in case you do. Thoughts?

--hide--

I've had it, and I'm glad I did. I've had plenty of friends who've had it who are either still virgins or are now married. I'd say 12 may be too young (though I teach at a public middle school, and 12 year olds now are VERY aware of sex. Too much so for some of them), but it's important that you be able to talk to your son about these things and let him help make the decision as well. The best way to keep young people abstinent is for parents to be open to conversation and letting the child ask questions so they don't seek answers in the wrong places. This could become a great teachable moment for on on what our faith teaches about pre-marital sex.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Well said, a scientist at last, a plain speaker. Well done sir
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Well said, a scientist at last, a plain speaker. Well done sir

--hide--
Thank you kindly!

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Thank you kindly!
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Thank you kindly!

--hide--
Your are very welcome

Mar 2nd 2013 new

The Catholic schools here had a problem with that also.It is being adminsitered by the government.The Catholic church stopped it in primary schools initally and is now asking for conditions when adminsitering it

"Parents are urged to learn the medical facts concerning this vaccine and to consider the spiritual, emotional, moral, and physical health of their daughters in making their decision about it," the Church stated.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: The Catholic schools here had a problem with that also.It is being adminsitered by the gov...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

The Catholic schools here had a problem with that also.It is being adminsitered by the government.The Catholic church stopped it in primary schools initally and is now asking for conditions when adminsitering it

"Parents are urged to learn the medical facts concerning this vaccine and to consider the spiritual, emotional, moral, and physical health of their daughters in making their decision about it," the Church stated.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com

--hide--

Here it was seen as a Public Health issue and freely offered in Catholic Schools

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) RaMina-946025 said: I've had it, and I'm glad I did. I've had plenty of friends who...
(Quote) RaMina-946025 said:

I've had it, and I'm glad I did. I've had plenty of friends who've had it who are either still virgins or are now married. I'd say 12 may be too young (though I teach at a public middle school, and 12 year olds now are VERY aware of sex. Too much so for some of them), but it's important that you be able to talk to your son about these things and let him help make the decision as well. The best way to keep young people abstinent is for parents to be open to conversation and letting the child ask questions so they don't seek answers in the wrong places. This could become a great teachable moment for on on what our faith teaches about pre-marital sex.

--hide--

Cant agree more. 12 year olds today have more sexual knowledge than had at 17, but as I was an Altarboy nerd that was not much, tried hard but as my school reports always said "Can do better" mischievous faint

Posts 151 - 160 of 166