Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: Qualities that attract me in a man are from Galatians 5:22-23 " But the fruit of the Sp...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Qualities that attract me in a man are from Galatians 5:22-23 " But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." That is all, nothing else.

--hide--

I agree that lists are a bit cattle marketish. That being said I would say to my above cat qualities, have a good, and not take the world too seriously, its only life afterall, its not like its really important or anything mischievous

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: I agree that lists are a bit cattle marketish. That being said I would say to my above...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

I agree that lists are a bit cattle marketish. That being said I would say to my above cat qualities, have a good laugh, and not take the world too seriously, its only life afterall, its not like its really important or anything

--hide--

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I think when we are attracted to men of faith, it is an attraction to God....being a man...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I think when we are attracted to men of faith, it is an attraction to God....being a man of faith IS a prerequisite.

--hide--

I totally agre with you! That is the main reason why I joined this site!! I strongly feel that by being a "man of Faith" will also entail that he is trustworthy, gentle, sincere, kind, altruistic, humble, responsible, .... is guided by God's ways not only his own.... thus reflecting God's handiwork....!!! I make a serious effort to incorporate in my dalily life the same principles that attract me to the "special man" whom I trust God "will place in my life!"

I also liked the quote regarding that "how a man treats his mother, he will treat his spouse." I not only think, but also experienced this statement to be very true and a beautiful testimony of a man's gentle, nurturing and kind inner core!!!

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I'm attracted to a spiritual man especially if he can sing and play an instrument and sing p...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I'm attracted to a spiritual man especially if he can sing and play an instrument and sing praise to God. It isn't a prerequisite, but it does attract me.

--hide--

I am assuming most women here are of good moral character and share most of the values as I do and that is very attractive.

Maybe I should know better at my age, but I’m still attracted first to a woman’s face and body, when deciding to pursue communication on this site. I don’t think you really know how attractive that you are with someone until after much communication and until after meeting them.

There is one woman that I was communicating with that I think I offended when I noted that I am still at the weight that I was when I was 25 years old. I think that she interpreted it that I wanted to know more about her weight and if she had weight problems. I just think that it is good to try to maintain a constant weight since health problems a lot of times are related to weight gains or losses.

03/03/2013 new

Shiny objects.

03/03/2013 new

First thing I look for is a woman who carries's herself with respect. That when a man looks at her he is not lusting at her because she has bought into the worlds view that she has to exploit her body as an object to be beautiful. Don’t get me wrong I am not saying to dress in a burlap bag either. A man notices a woman by how she dresses, some men will say, uhmmmm I want to do this and that…. Or he will say, she’s beautiful, but he fears to come on to her with his dog style because he can tell she commands respect. A man of God has no problem asking her out, for he too is respectful when he looks at a woman. I always say to my friends when they ask about dating, I first say courtship is key, but I tell them, “If you want the right date, then you have to be the right bait…” They look at me funny then… haha

For me, I am attracted to slender to average size women. Is this wrong I wonder? Did God give me my own taste in women for a reason or what? But I know that is my desire. I don’t expect perfection at our age so please, please do not take me wrong don’t let that hesitate you from winking at me, but is not beauty truly in the eye of the beholder? I think it is… I know other guys who like a bigger women, so whatever floats your boat I guess is what really matters…. But so far I am only speaking of the initial attraction of my eye, for her body will not cut it no matter how awesome she looks if she does not radiate the Love of God. If she has both, for me, she is a keeper… but then again, God works in mysterious ways, perhaps that woman is in her initial beginning stages of taking a second look at the faith and God. She may like what she sees in me who I hope radiates the Love of God by my actions and my heart… She could become that woman of my desires because Saints are not born that way, they are made by God…. I also believe that a man is wise when he allows the woman to soften him and teach him and for a man to be her strength and share his wisdom at times when she needs him… When they learn and grow together, in time with prayer God will harmonize them in growing their love, it takes time, lots of prayer, a desire and communication…

This is my desire, but I know how hard it is to live up to my own words. I do not pretend to be a Saint, but I want to be, I know that I do have a great heart….. I know I am tired of looking, perhaps God is saying, Gary, chill, I have to teach you some things to make you that right bait or perhaps he is forming her to be that great date…..

Until then, daily Mass as often as I can, adoration, prayer, keep smiling and I just started going to the gym.…..

God bless you all and perhaps one day she will be there…

Gary

03/04/2013 new

I wish I could say geen eyes, or brown skin, or long hair. Life was so simple back then.

I guess what attracts me now is a woman that does the will of God. I want to be able to see that somehow.

Do you suppose God sits there with St Peter and talks about how the Vatican needs a new sound system? Or do you suppose He talks about what angel will get promoted to arch-angel? What do you suppose God talks about when He is out at a party? I think I'd like to listen. Wouldn't it be fun if I met a lady that I could close my eyes and think I was listening to God? Gosh, does God drink beer, or wine? We should really know, shouldn't we?

Do you think God would chew me out? Maybe. Do you think God would tell me I am handsome? Nope. Would God make a comment about my butt? Don't see that happening, I hope. Do you think God would say to me, "Thank you for helping Me when you talked to that man, or woman." I'd like to hear that. Do you think God would say, "Larry, I need you to help my friend Sue. She was hurt badly and needs a friend to be nice to her. I know you have been nice to others, be nice to her."

I guess I am past the stage where I worry about money, sex, cars, boats or where I am going to go. Been there, not so bad. Boats are fun. But, I think God likes me. I'd be attracted to someone that sees in me whatever God sees and talked to me with His voice.

03/04/2013 new

(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said: I wish I could say geen eyes, or brown skin, or long hair. Life was so simple back then.
(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said:

I wish I could say geen eyes, or brown skin, or long hair. Life was so simple back then.

I guess what attracts me now is a woman that does the will of God. I want to be able to see that somehow.

Do you suppose God sits there with St Peter and talks about how the Vatican needs a new sound system? Or do you suppose He talks about what angel will get promoted to arch-angel? What do you suppose God talks about when He is out at a party? I think I'd like to listen. Wouldn't it be fun if I met a lady that I could close my eyes and think I was listening to God? Gosh, does God drink beer, or wine? We should really know, shouldn't we?

Do you think God would chew me out? Maybe. Do you think God would tell me I am handsome? Nope. Would God make a comment about my butt? Don't see that happening, I hope. Do you think God would say to me, "Thank you for helping Me when you talked to that man, or woman." I'd like to hear that. Do you think God would say, "Larry, I need you to help my friend Sue. She was hurt badly and needs a friend to be nice to her. I know you have been nice to others, be nice to her."

I guess I am past the stage where I worry about money, sex, cars, boats or where I am going to go. Been there, not so bad. Boats are fun. But, I think God likes me. I'd be attracted to someone that sees in me whatever God sees and talked to me with His voice.

--hide--

How about just loving, nice, pleasant and good fun, good morals, good brain and loves me

03/12/2013 new

Communication and "chemistry" would be my first reactions

to know if there's going to be any advance level.

I try hard not to impose a checklist as expectation would result in

disappointment. So I keep to my faith that God knows and He will

provide the path. My potential soulmate and I will have God as the

counsellor to see us through. I believe Love Is The Greatest and it

would help us to overcome the fear factors.

Keeping it simple without a checklist but with God & Love.

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) Cliff-924625 said: Communication and "chemistry" would be my first reactions to know if there's...
(Quote) Cliff-924625 said:

Communication and "chemistry" would be my first reactions

to know if there's going to be any advance level.

I try hard not to impose a checklist as expectation would result in

disappointment. So I keep to my faith that God knows and He will

provide the path. My potential soulmate and I will have God as the

counsellor to see us through. I believe Love Is The Greatest and it

would help us to overcome the fear factors.

Keeping it simple without a checklist but with God & Love.

--hide--
Welcome to the Forums Cliff.

Thanks for sharing words of wisdom

Posts 81 - 90 of 90