Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Wouldn't it be great if we Americans had this kind of influence with our own representatives!

"At a time when sequestration is about to take a big bite out of the Pentagon budget, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) will be sending thousands of its citizen lobbyists to Capitol Hill next week to make sure Israel is exempted from any spending cuts."

www.thejewishweek.com

Bracing myself for expected verbal assaults! shocked

United States Flag First!

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Wouldn't it be great if we Americans had this kind of influence with our own representa...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Wouldn't it be great if we Americans had this kind of influence with our own representatives!

"At a time when sequestration is about to take a big bite out of the Pentagon budget, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) will be sending thousands of its citizen lobbyists to Capitol Hill next week to make sure Israel is exempted from any spending cuts."

www.thejewishweek.com

Bracing myself for expected verbal assaults!

First!

--hide--
Clearly we have a long way to go before this subject can be discussed without anyone's head exploding.

Mar 3rd 2013 new

I have been too busy to follow the news- except briefly in the car by radio,(even then I have other thoughts I have to process for work) but I will come back to read.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Peter-449116 said: Wouldn't it be great if we Americans ...

Quote:
Peter-449116 said:

www.thejewishweek.com

First!

Clearly we have a long way to go before this subject can be discussed without anyone's head exploding.

--hide--

Hi Peter et alia,

I hope not. I'd hate to see anyone's head explode wink

I think what you are trying to say is that it is "interesting" and disturbing that lobbyists for a foreign country can have so much clout in Washington. I agree with you. I wonder if lobbyists for countries like Tajikistan or Uruguay have so much drag? wink

James ☺

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Wouldn't it be great if we Americans had this kind of influence with our own representa...

www.thejewishweek.com

First!

--hide--

I am not sure that Israel holds such favor with this Administration. I think they will be queing up with a lot of citizen
lobbyists on Capitol Hill this time.

Mar 4th 2013 new

www.thejewishweek.com

First!

--hide--

Well, John Kerry was in Egypt this weekend guaranteeing $250M in equipment/aid to the muslim brotherhood, and they didn't even have to send any lobbyists to Washington in order to get it.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: Well, John Kerry was in Egypt this weekend guaranteeing $250M in equipment/aid to the...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

Well, John Kerry was in Egypt this weekend guaranteeing $250M in equipment/aid to the muslim brotherhood, and they didn't even have to send any lobbyists to Washington in order to get it.

--hide--

That is horrifying. We will have to be fighting that Muslim Brotherhood next, who will be killing us with our own
equipment.

I heard that nothing was settled yet about Kerry's offering.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: That is horrifying. We will have to be fighting that Muslim Brotherhood next, who will...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

That is horrifying. We will have to be fighting that Muslim Brotherhood next, who will be killing us with our own
equipment.

--hide--

U.S. Pledges to Release Aid to Egypt Morsi Pledges Political, Economic Changes; Opposition Slams
Kerry Announcement as Boost to Islamists

online.wsj.com

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: That is horrifying. We will have to be fighting that Muslim Brotherhood next, who will...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

equipment.

--hide--
Kerry has supposedly garnered promises from Morsi for better representation by non muslims. My friend's daughter is there teaching elementary school. She doesn't believe the muslim brotherhood represents the majority of Egyptians. They are too dependent on tourism to alienate the first world. We can't be like Senator McCarthy and look for al Qaeda under every rock like the neocons want- We can't afford any more unnecessary wars.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: U.S. Pledges to Release Aid to Egypt Morsi Pledges Political, Economic Changes; Oppositio...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

U.S. Pledges to Release Aid to Egypt Morsi Pledges Political, Economic Changes; Opposition Slams
Kerry Announcement as Boost to Islamists

online.wsj.com

--hide--
It's a drop in the bucket- we give Egypt over a $billion per year. It's bribery to be "friends" with Israel, which is so much of a world pariah that we have to pay surrounding arab countries not to attack them.

Posts 1 - 10 of 115