Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Hi CM family! If you could, please keep my friend's father in your prayers. He is nearly 70, a previous smoker, and has a very severe lung infection with trouble breathing. The doctors are saying he will not be getting better and she has come to terms with his mortality. However, she has a lot of issues with him which she has not dealt with and a six-year old son who will likely soon be losing a grandfather. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers!
Mar 3rd 2013 new
Three Hail Mary's prayed
Mar 3rd 2013 new

Praying

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Praying rosary

Mar 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said: Hi CM family! If you could, please keep my friend's father in your prayers. He is nearly 70, a previous smo...
(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said: Hi CM family! If you could, please keep my friend's father in your prayers. He is nearly 70, a previous smoker, and has a very severe lung infection with trouble breathing. The doctors are saying he will not be getting better and she has come to terms with his mortality. However, she has a lot of issues with him which she has not dealt with and a six-year old son who will likely soon be losing a grandfather. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers!
--hide--
Praying...
Mar 3rd 2013 new
Thanks everyone! :) Let's pray her father pulls through despite the doctors' dreary report.
Mar 3rd 2013 new

Praying

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Tiffany, this prayer request catches my attention because my Dad died from emphasema when he was just 64 years old.

He was carted to the hospital in his last years 7 times and revived each time, except for the last time.

Sounds like your friend's father has emphasema. Can I suggest she just try to provide him with unconditional love? At this stage of his life, he is undoubtedly weakened and emotional stress from unresolved disagreements might weaken him further.

I did not get the chance to provide my mom, who died at her age 51 from diabetes, or my dad. But my gut tells me your friend would benefit from bringing her disagreements before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and just work on forgiving her father's trespasses with the help of our Lord.

And she might benefit herself from the grace which comes from just loving her dad, making sure he has a good confession, making sure he can receive communion, and providing him the best support she can.

Preparing his soul for heaven will be such a blessing for her and would probably strengthen her faith, as well.

God bless you, Tiffany, for seeking prayers for her !

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said: Hi CM family! If you could, please keep my friend's father in your prayers. He is nearly 70, a pr...
(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said: Hi CM family! If you could, please keep my friend's father in your prayers. He is nearly 70, a previous smoker, and has a very severe lung infection with trouble breathing. The doctors are saying he will not be getting better and she has come to terms with his mortality. However, she has a lot of issues with him which she has not dealt with and a six-year old son who will likely soon be losing a grandfather. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers!
--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Hi Tiffiany-----Father hear our prayers through your Son Jesus in unity of the Holy Spirit-with the intercession of Mother Mary-St. Joseph- Saints of Heaven -saints on earth-Angels of God--we ask for Your Healing touch for the father and daughter-Thank you Lord for your immense Love- how strongly you desire Peace--Thank You for hearing our prayerstheheart rosary

Posts 1 - 10 of 22