Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

03/03/2013 new

You are not alone in your pain Ann. I have been a widow for 4 years and am disheartened at the number of men who think its ok to have a physical relationship outside of marriage. Be steadfast in your beliefs and in your prayer life. Know you are truly special and God will send you a spouse who is worthy of you. Praying

03/03/2013 new

Outstanding post Naomi, and to those in this thread who have supported that.

It's snowing in Kentucky right now, and watching the many flakes falling, I think that Our Lady of Fatima said that souls would be falling into Hell like those snow flakes, and many of those for sins of the flesh.

I wonder, and as Naomi said to pray for them, about the people who are "devout", "Christian", "love God", but still think immoral sex is OK.

03/03/2013 new

I've talkedwith many men from this site and even if they disagree with church teaching at first, sometimes through our talking on the phone I can open eyes to why I fully believe and embrace each teaching, from fornication and adultry to women priests or married priests, and also to the fact that men don't have a 'get out of jail free' card when it comes to the myth that 'their physical needs, drives, desires are more difficult then women's' so they aren't judged as harshly by God! Some of these discussions have changed hearts, positions, and beliefs. Don't totally write off the men who don't follow church teaching until you have tried to enlighten them! Of course, do it safely!! Some of them will try to change your mind, especially on physical no-nos, in any way they can.

Other men (and women) on here profess to believe in the rules -- but think they don't actually apply to them in any way that would interfere with their pleasure. It can be very tricky to deal with them -- especially when you are feeling vulnerable or are involved emotionally already.

Be one of the few, the humble, the brave -- live the GOOD life as God commands us!

03/03/2013 new

This is brilliant Naomi, I pray that everyone on here has the opportunity to read this. Thank you for standing up for Christ's truth. God bless you!

03/03/2013 new

Great job Naomi! I especially appreciate the part regarding that our fear of hell shouldn't be our motivator, but rather the fact that it offends God! I've always believed that, but reading it just now really spoke to me. angel

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Ann-119096 said: I am finding it very painful to be a single Catholic who is following the teachings of the Church, ...
(Quote) Ann-119096 said:

I am finding it very painful to be a single Catholic who is following the teachings of the Church, in regard to abstinence before marriage. It is not so much that it is painful for me to follow the teachings, but rather, painful to see such a small number of other Catholics willing (able?) to follow the teachings. Is anyone else feeling this way / seeing this problem?

I visited with my priest about this a few days ago, with many tears. It doesn't seem that it should be so difficult to find others among the Catholic ranks that have a fervor for living this teaching. Can anyone share their feelings about this? I only know a few other Catholics who followed this teaching prior to their marriage (but now they are married) . . . so I am feeling very lonely in this pain. Any thoughts, ideas, feelings, or remedies appreciated!

God bless everyone!

--hide--

Sorry you're experiencing this. It is painful to see. But the only thing any of us can do is to live right ourselves.

"Wisdom enters through love, silence, and mortification. It is great wisdom to know how to be silent and to look at neither the remarks, nor the deeds, nor the lives of others."

- St. John of the Cross
03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: "The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult and left ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult and left untried." G K Chesterton

That is the way it is with sexual morality.

I praise God for everyone who believes the Truth about how destructive living a life of sexual sin can be. You are NOT alone, and you will find someone who loves God as much as you do (and proves it by how they conduct themselves).

What people need to know is that all laws have consequences...like the law of gravity...you jump out a window, the law of gravity will have an immediate affect.

But when you break a moral law, it too has a consequence, it just is not instantaneous like the law of gravity,but just as serious.

Many saints and mystics have reported that more people are burning in hell for sexual sin than any other kind of sin.

Satan's greatest deception is that he has convinced everyone that nothing is a sin anymore, especially in the sexual realm.

We are truly a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.

As Naomi said, the road to hell is wide, and the way to heaven is narrow; choose the narrow way.

--hide--

Right on!

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Naomi, Have you considered youth ministry? You are an excellent role model and would...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

Naomi,

Have you considered youth ministry? You are an excellent role model and would be an outstanding youth minister for young girls and boys.
--hide--

That is an excellent suggestion, Josephine.

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Pray. Spend time in adoration. Pray the rosary, Mother Mary is a perpetual virgin, she knows bett...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Pray. Spend time in adoration. Pray the rosary, Mother Mary is a perpetual virgin, she knows better than anyone what its like, pray to St. Max Kolbe who accepted both virginity and matrydom.

--hide--

Thank you for this advice, Naomi. I am so thankful that people have responded and understand my feelings. It is helping me to not feel quite so lonely. God bless you! Praying

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said: Ann, Kudos to you for following the Church's teachings, especially on pre-marital s...
(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said:

Ann,

Kudos to you for following the Church's teachings, especially on pre-marital sex. You are like a diamond in the rough, I can assure you. I myself am a follower of the Church's teachings in this area but like you, I find it hard to find someone of the opposite sex who is also on the same page as me. I do not buy into the excuse that it is "just harder for guys to wait." I believe that with the help of the Holy Spirit and through prayer and other means of communicating with God that a man can hold out just like a woman can. It is a matter of self-control. As the Bible says, (paraphrased) "The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." I find that if you want to find a man who is on the same page as us, you're going to have to find one that is VERY close to God. If he is not in a strong relationship with God then he undoubtedly will not be on the same page as you. There are men out there--trust me! However, they are like us--few and far between. Maybe who God has for you has not held out, but is repentful and has changed his ways. Try to keep this in mind as well. However, ideally it'd be great to find someone who had waited as well.

--hide--

Tiffany, thank you, for being a diamond in the rough with me. hug I agree with you and do not buy into the excuse that it is "harder for guys to wait". I would love to find a man that is a leader in this area! I hope he is out there! rosary I also agree that this man is probably going to be very close to God. That's why I'm hoping this sight will be a great place to meet strong men of God. God bless you! biggrin

Posts 11 - 20 of 87