Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Kate-912649 said: Oh shoot. This isn't the pink room. Us girls. :) I'm usually worried that someone thinks I am eit...
(Quote) Kate-912649 said: Oh shoot. This isn't the pink room. Us girls. :) I'm usually worried that someone thinks I am either too serious or not serious enough. And if I see weird nose hairs on a guy I'll be focused on that and completely ignore what he's saying. Which means I might give a bad first impression by focusing on my impression of him. KnowwhatImean?
--hide--
In your case, what do you mean by "too serious" on the one hand and by "not serious enough" on the other?

Regarding the nasal focus, I suppose that you can explain that you're an otolaryngologist and look up people noses all day. eyepopping mischievous

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: Well, I guess now, based upon what my ex-girlfriend's sisters said: I'd be worried about m...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

Well, I guess now, based upon what my ex-girlfriend's sisters said: I'd be worried about my extroversion. . . because they both told her with my charisma and the way that other women admired it, I was a potential JFK in the fidelity department! They said I made her appear dowdy and uninteresting with my bright clothing and forward manner, even though I was polite and chivalrous. . . so. . . I guess I'd worry about that.

--hide--
At least that sounds like a lot better kind of worry to have than if the situation were the reverse with her relatives telling her that you were not worthy of her and she had better options. Probably there are some quite shy and retiring ladies, though, who are still very confident of their overall value because they possess other strengths that are not immediately apparent, but that might be more important than the more obvious ones.

Mar 4th 2013 new

Ugh! The poisonous girlfriends posse.
My sympathies, bro. rose

Mar 4th 2013 new

hug A kindred spirit! hug

Mar 4th 2013 new

Sounds like you're the kind of person for whom the three-date rule would work.
One of the advantages of posting in the forums is, most people are pretty much who they are here. When you meet them in real life, you already have an idea of who is snarky, who is funny, who is belligerant, etc., which makes for few surprises.
The surprises do happen, though, which is very intriguing....

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) David-622846 said: Make a positive impression
(Quote) David-622846 said: Make a positive impression
--hide--

The sad thing is, what may be a "positive" impression on me might be a real turn-off for someone else.

Mar 4th 2013 new

Interesting. I think it takes a while for my sense of humor to come out.

Mar 4th 2013 new

The only thing that offends me ever is really men who try to impress me by wealth or power. If you are a successful lawyer...great. I would love to hear about it, but don't act like what everyone else does is something lower. In otherwords, I don't like people who belittle others to make themselves big. I have known a few guys that I liked UNTIL I went on a date with me and they thought this was the way to impress me. However, one of my best memories is of a guy who learned that I liked theatre and had done quite a bit myself so he decided to impress me by trying out for a play. Even though he had never been in a play in his life. In otherwords, he made himself absolutely uncomfortable simply to try to show interest in something I liked. This was during our first week of dating. I still smile when I remember that. What was worse was he ACTUALLY got a small part. Which he accepted and endured weeks of endless practises and the director getting mad at him before telling me he really COULDN'T act....hahahaha

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Ugh! The poisonous girlfriends posse.My sympathies, bro.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Ugh! The poisonous girlfriends posse.
My sympathies, bro.

--hide--

Its okay, really. . . she didn't like my best friend/brother and family, and I didn't care much for her opinionated family after that came out, nor her other girlfriend (a 50 year old lady on marriage possibility number 2---meaning, not that anything's wrong with that, but that she wasn't the best advice giver considering my friend was 33). . . but yeah, it was awful. They focused SO much on the negative. She turned out to be very liberal on a number of church issues, so it was okay eventually, but very disheartening as she told me during a dance fundraiser. . . and I had to spend the rest of the evening with the posse. . .

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: At least that sounds like a lot better kind of worry to have than if the situation were the revers...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

At least that sounds like a lot better kind of worry to have than if the situation were the reverse with her relatives telling her that you were not worthy of her and she had better options. Probably there are some quite shy and retiring ladies, though, who are still very confident of their overall value because they possess other strengths that are not immediately apparent, but that might be more important than the more obvious ones.

--hide--

She kept saying I was ahead socially as I belong to the golf club---its private, but not that expensive, so that was silly. . . couldn't get over foolish differences, and then when we did the big ones came out---liberal, believes in non-Christian faiths, abortion, etc. What?????? So we should have broken up over the bad family connection. . .

Posts 21 - 30 of 80