Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I think that some men would need to know that some woman flippantly turn them down because the women are too immature or too scared to work through the getting to know you process. I think I did this in my younger years. I think I rashly turned someone down because I was not thinking anything through and had other thimgs on my mind.

Maybe this Title will give a balance to what we have witnessed today? I don't know.

Is there ever a time when a younger woman- will not take the time to get to know a man for no good reasaon except that she is just too busy or overwhelmed with her own stuff to do? I bet there is. I have had a number of good men approach me over the years and I should have opened a few doors for those men I think.

Mar 4th 2013 new

I think it happens a lot. But it also goes both ways. In the modern age of electronic communications and social media it's very easy to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of possibilities out there, and to some extent I think we've lost our ability to really focus on getting to know someone well. Add to that the stresses and anxieties of living in a secular post-Christian world, and it's understandable how people can miss some obvious opportunities.

Mar 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I think that some men would need to know that some woman flippantly turn them down because the women are too im...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I think that some men would need to know that some woman flippantly turn them down because the women are too immature or too scared to work through the getting to know you process. I think I did this in my younger years. I think I rashly turned someone down because I was not thinking anything through and had other thimgs on my mind.

Maybe this Title will give a balance to what we have witnessed today? I don't know.

Is there ever a time when a younger woman- will not take the time to get to know a man for no good reasaon except that she is just too busy or overwhelmed with her own stuff to do? I bet there is. I have had a number of good men approach me over the years and I should have opened a few doors for those men I think.

--hide--

I know when I was young, I turned down plenty of very nice men because I was hung up on the not so nice men who weren't treating me very well. Now that I'm older and smarter, the nice men seem to be taken (I mean in off line world- not here on CM. No offense to anyone).
Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-267933 said: I think it happens a lot. But it also goes both ways. In the modern age of electronic communication...
(Quote) Tom-267933 said:

I think it happens a lot. But it also goes both ways. In the modern age of electronic communications and social media it's very easy to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of possibilities out there, and to some extent I think we've lost our ability to really focus on getting to know someone well. Add to that the stresses and anxieties of living in a secular post-Christian world, and it's understandable how people can miss some obvious opportunities.

--hide--

I know I have been guilty of it. I was not raised in this computer age- either. It is harder now maybe? In my younger years we were also living in the post Christian world too-- and that was not helpful at all. All of us need to remind ourselves of this problem and it is not people here that we are blaming for this problem in society.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I think that some men would need to know that some...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I know when I was young, I turned down plenty of very nice men because I was hung up on the not so nice men who weren't treating me very well. Now that I'm older and smarter, the nice men seem to be taken (I mean in off line world- not here on CM. No offense to anyone).
--hide--

I think that sometimes A younger woman can be focused on more aggressive males- thinking she is getting a leader. In doing that- she can make wrong choices.

I have a book that I got recently which is out of print(I got it used.) called SMART WOMEN BAD CHOICES. It is written by two male psychologists Kinder and Cowan. It is an excellent book and it explains many different types of males who are in varying stages of development, and have varying strengths and faults and bad choices women make in choosing them. It is excellent. They use many cases from their practicies in explaining the mistakes people make.

Mar 4th 2013 new

You know I am sure it does happen. I myself don't think I did this. I cannot think of a single man I ever let pass me by, that could have been something. I don't have any regrets on that score.

Mar 4th 2013 new

It is not my intention to sound like a bitter shrew, but I've never been "pursued" by men of any moral quality. Now it could be that the level at which I practice my faith means I view most others as being poor quality, but I like to think I was spot on fobbing men off who tell me gems like this: "They can't say no if they're unconscious", "I expect a BJ on the second date", and "You know none of your family can come to the wedding because they're Catholic right? I don't want them fouling up the Church with their demons" - said after I had had one coffee with the guy. -_-'

I'm certainly not beating the guys off with a stick so its not like i"m turning them down rashly, and my inbox certainly isn't reaching capacity.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: It is not my intention to sound like a bitter shrew, but I've never been "pursued" ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

It is not my intention to sound like a bitter shrew, but I've never been "pursued" by men of any moral quality. Now it could be that the level at which I practice my faith means I view most others as being poor quality, but I like to think I was spot on fobbing men off who tell me gems like this: "They can't say no if they're unconscious", "I expect a BJ on the second date", and "You know none of your family can come to the wedding because they're Catholic right? I don't want them fouling up the Church with their demons" - said after I had had one coffee with the guy. -_-'

I'm certainly not beating the guys off with a stick so its not like i"m turning them down rashly, and my inbox certainly isn't reaching capacity.

--hide--

It is difficult- I know. I think it is worthy of being discussed here. I know I probably did. But the problem of social morality has been in the picture from the 60's on and so that did not help me.

I have already had my threads where I put blame on the immoral men and women of society. People REALLY got really upset. I thought maybe this topic might level things out a little...but only a little....

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: It is not my intention to sound like a bitter shrew, but I've never been "pursued" ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

--hide--

I have been pursued by the wrong element since I was age 11. So I really do understand. It really makes it very very hard. I think what you have shared is important to share.

Mar 4th 2013 new

Why not be scared. Falling in love is scary. You can get hurt.

Every day you live you are one day closer to your death. For the most part, no one knows the time. By not doing something every day you risk never doing it. So, is it scarier to do something, or to live your life never doing it?

The love found in marriage is generally thought of as the closest thing we can have in this lifetime to understanding and experiencing the Love God has for us. It is difficult to obtain and maintain but the reward is worth the risk. I guess people don't see marriage that way. They see marriages without the love that God desires for the marriage. Why would anybody want that?

Ladies, if you want a good man, don't play games. There are many ladies out there that can see a good man. If you have the chance to get one and you play some silly game he will be gone. Good men, and good women, are hard to find. He'll be married to some other lady and you won't get a second chance. Men, works for you too.

Also, good men and women, often times are good because that is what is expected of them. So expect a good person. Don't allow a person to be bad. By the way, you need to be a good person too.

Posts 1 - 10 of 76