Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: There is a great Community in Couer d' Alene, Idaho.My parents and two sisters and many nieces and n...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: There is a great Community in Couer d' Alene, Idaho.My parents and two sisters and many nieces and nephews are there.It is continually growing at a rapid pace.
--hide--

Thanks, I might have to check that out. I don't know if I could tolerate that much snow, but then again I suppose I could handle just about anything if it meant having the Tridentine Mass! I've been applying for jobs in two cities that have them and I'm hoping it happens soon!

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Monica-730858 said: Thanks, I might have to check that out. I don't know if I could tolerate that much ...
(Quote) Monica-730858 said:

Thanks, I might have to check that out. I don't know if I could tolerate that much snow, but then again I suppose I could handle just about anything if it meant having the Tridentine Mass! I've been applying for jobs in two cities that have them and I'm hoping it happens soon!

--hide--

hug Praying Praying Praying

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Monica-730858 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: There is a great Community in Couer d' Alene, Ida...
(Quote) Monica-730858 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said: There is a great Community in Couer d' Alene, Idaho.My parents and two sisters and many nieces and nephews are there.It is continually growing at a rapid pace.

--hide--
They have some heavy snow years ,but generally nothing like the Midwest.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

Just shared thisw/ my 16yo daughter -- appropriately as for rel ed she is writing her own interpretation of how each commandment is to be lived -- and she also has her first real boyfriend, thankfully a good, Catholic boy who seems to understand the TOB that isbeing taught in rel ed.

Thank you! It's so good to have these resources that back up what I'm trying to teach my 6 children!

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Just shared thisw/ my 16yo daughter -- appropriately as for rel ed she is writing her own interp...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Just shared thisw/ my 16yo daughter -- appropriately as for rel ed she is writing her own interpretation of how each commandment is to be lived -- and she also has her first real boyfriend, thankfully a good, Catholic boy who seems to understand the TOB that isbeing taught in rel ed.

Thank you! It's so good to have these resources that back up what I'm trying to teach my 6 children!

--hide--
thumbsup thumbsup

Mar 2nd 2013 new

People are all to willing to push the boundary, and try and find "justifications" under a Catholic banner for immoral behaviour.

We are to be chaste in our vocations, whether marriage, single, dating or religious life. Just as sodomy is wrong between the married couple, and an offense against chastity, "French kissing" and its varients are serious crimes against our purity for the unmarried. Not only that, they open the door to temptation, and can result in the sin of scandal if someone else was to witness such behaviours.

Of course, we carry a nature wounded by sin, people are always trying to legalise their way out of sin. Just look at the people on this forum who dont accept the Church's teaching on fornication. The whole "Well, Jesus understands, we love each other and are committed to each other, after all. AND we're getting married in six years once his promotion goes through and I've finished my studies" is heard all to often from both Christian and non-Christian alike.

Mar 2nd 2013 new
Thanks for sharing this Bernard. Certainly eye opening on the whole passionate kissing. It is by no coincidence that at a session yesterday, we were discussing venial vs mortal sins with no proper conclusion, this is a great definition right here, will definetely share it with my group. I might run the risk of them frowing at me as this audio maybe off the mark for a traditional and conservative church like mine but heck I am sharing this Good News. :)
Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-611497 said: Thanks for sharing this Bernard. Certainly eye opening on the whole passionate kissing. It is by no ...
(Quote) Josephine-611497 said: Thanks for sharing this Bernard. Certainly eye opening on the whole passionate kissing. It is by no coincidence that at a session yesterday, we were discussing venial vs mortal sins with no proper conclusion, this is a great definition right here, will definetely share it with my group. I might run the risk of them frowing at me as this audio maybe off the mark for a traditional and conservative church like mine but heck I am sharing this Good News. :)
--hide--
smile

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

--hide--

Bernard thanks for being the kind of man the "To all the Men" thread is all about. Truly beautiful, stunning even, to see. hug clap Bow

Mar 4th 2013 new

What I think a lot of people don't get is that marriage is for procreation and education of children as they stated in the homily. And our fallen physical desires need to be restored to the full desire for unity with another person in marriage. Most people don't get this and they see sin as not being a jerk.

Seeing what a mess things our right now in the world its nice to hear the eternal wisdom of Mother Church.

Posts 11 - 20 of 163