Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 4th 2013 new

If thats the case, then there's your sign! :)

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: The sad thing is, what may be a "positive" impression on me might be a real tur...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

The sad thing is, what may be a "positive" impression on me might be a real turn-off for someone else.

--hide--

Mar 4th 2013 new

You know what is odd, I never worried about it much until I started this online thing, lol. I am pretty open and fairly transparent. I am genuinely interested in people, their likes and dislikes and I think in this forum that may come across as being too eager or something. But, I would be the same wherever someone met me, online or IRL. I also tend to always be a teacher, ask a question and I feel compelled to answer, usually in detail, :-(. And, just because I am interested in getting to know you, or caring about how your day goes, doesn't mean I want to marry you or be serious. I just want to develop a friendship.

Mar 4th 2013 new
That the first impression wasn't good and I'm written off (or I mistakenly write him off)
Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) David-622846 said: Stop worrying, clean up and study up. Make a positive impression so that if it doesn't work o...
(Quote) David-622846 said:

Stop worrying, clean up and study up. Make a positive impression so that if it doesn't work out it'll be because you weren't meant to be. Not because you had tennis shoes on for dinner, a long wild eyebrow hair or a bad type of communicating

--hide--
A no-nonsense and keep-it-simple approach.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-267933 said: I've finally given up hope about first impressions. I think I give so many mixed messages that ...
(Quote) Tom-267933 said:

I've finally given up hope about first impressions. I think I give so many mixed messages that I've resigned myself to a lifetime of mistaken first impressions. I guess that's part of who I am. That's why I try to be as honest as possible in my CM profile. I've decided that I'm just a little bit flaky and/or quirky in some respects, which is why I'm a bit of an "acquired taste."

I hope this doesn't sound too negative. I've just learned a lot about myself from meeting so many people who tell me (in a very positive way) some variation of this line: "I never knew you were like that!"

I guess my one worry about first impressions is this: I hope nobody takes me too seriously when they first meet me.

--hide--
The number of woman who are not so sure about the quality of their first impressions is probably high enough to provide those men who harbor the same uncertainties with a plentiful supply of woman who are sympathetic to a second date even when the first meeting was not very enjoyable.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: The only thing that offends me ever is really men who try to impress me by wealth or power. If ...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said:

The only thing that offends me ever is really men who try to impress me by wealth or power. If you are a successful lawyer...great. I would love to hear about it, but don't act like what everyone else does is something lower. In otherwords, I don't like people who belittle others to make themselves big. I have known a few guys that I liked UNTIL I went on a date with me and they thought this was the way to impress me. However, one of my best memories is of a guy who learned that I liked theatre and had done quite a bit myself so he decided to impress me by trying out for a play. Even though he had never been in a play in his life. In otherwords, he made himself absolutely uncomfortable simply to try to show interest in something I liked. This was during our first week of dating. I still smile when I remember that. What was worse was he ACTUALLY got a small part. Which he accepted and endured weeks of endless practises and the director getting mad at him before telling me he really COULDN'T act....hahahaha

--hide--
Did you accuse said man of putting on an act or just of acting out ? shhh

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: She kept saying I was ahead socially as I belong to the golf club---its private, but not that expe...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

She kept saying I was ahead socially as I belong to the golf club---its private, but not that expensive, so that was silly. . . couldn't get over foolish differences, and then when we did the big ones came out---liberal, believes in non-Christian faiths, abortion, etc. What?????? So we should have broken up over the bad family connection. . .

--hide--
Definitely the kind of morass that anyone should bypass.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: The words "fifteen" and "fifty" are often heard incorrectly with one replacing...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

The words "fifteen" and "fifty" are often heard incorrectly with one replacing the other in the perception of the listener. As long as what is said is really "fifteen" rather than "fifty", you at least have the better of the two options though even that may not be nifty.

--hide--
lol Yes I mean 15! And you are quite right, better to look a little younger than a lot older! biggrin

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: What are some of the things that you worry about when you think others are drawing a first impress...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

What are some of the things that you worry about when you think others are drawing a first impression of you?

--hide--
First Impression Worries?! (nope) No Worries it is what it is! wink

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said: lol Yes I mean 15! And you are quite right, better to look a little younger than a lot older!...
(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said:

lol Yes I mean 15! And you are quite right, better to look a little younger than a lot older!

--hide--
The word "fifteen" can be correctly pronounced with the accent on either syllable, but the only correct pronunciation for "fifty" is to accent the first sullable - as far as I have ever read or heard. This mean that if you intend to say, "fifteen", the listener will hear it rightly if you always accent the last syllable in speaking. Unfortunately there is no similar helpful rule for "fifty". I know that was off-topic, but ....

Posts 31 - 40 of 80