Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Mar 4th 2013 new
Wow. What a perfect ring
Mar 4th 2013 new
Wow. What a perfect ring
Mar 5th 2013 new

That was my thought -- kind of insulting.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: That was my thought -- kind of insulting.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

That was my thought -- kind of insulting.

--hide--

From the description:

Be reminded of [Jesus'] sacrifice for you on a daily basis when you wear this ring.

I'm not sure why this is insulting. It seems quite appropriate, since marriage can often be very difficult.

Mar 5th 2013 new

It's insulting to imply that you expect it to be difficult.

When both partners are mature and generous, it's not that hard, really.

If the ring more nearly conveyed the message that "I'll go through anything with and for you", I'd be right on board. But this reminds me of the groom who said he wanted to get married in Greenwich. "Why Greenwich?" "Because marriage is the beggining of a mean time." rolling eyes

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: It's insulting to imply that you expect<...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

It's insulting to imply that you expect it to be difficult.

When both partners are mature and generous, it's not that hard, really.

If the ring more nearly conveyed the message that "I'll go through anything with and for you", I'd be right on board. But this reminds me of the groom who said he wanted to get married in Greenwich. "Why Greenwich?" "Because marriage is the beggining of a mean time."

--hide--

Depends. People are messy. How can we expect it not to be difficult?

"I'll go through anything with and for you." is a beautiful statement - that's immediately what I thought when I saw those rings. A married couple carries their Cross, however light or heavy, together and in union with the perfect act of love, the Paschal Mystery of Jesus Christ.

Posts 11 - 16 of 16