Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Wow! This is beautiful. I like him even more after reading this.

Mar 3rd 2013 new
Having parish life move in a more Opus Dei direction would be a good start. It would have the closeted neopagans in the pews and in the media howling, and that would be a good thing.
Mar 4th 2013 new

What's all this supposed to mean? Change to what? The cryptocracy goes on...

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: It would have the closeted neopagans in the pews and in the media howling, and that would be a good thing...
(Quote) John-220051 said: It would have the closeted neopagans in the pews and in the media howling, and that would be a good thing.
--hide--

How closeted ARE these neopagans? There's a difference between being closeted and being oblivious. . . and I'd say most of them just wouldn't know Church teaching if it bit them.

What we need is better catechesis, and that means a whole generation of bad catechists have to leave the scene. But this is happening as we speak. The Church is turning a corner, as Cardinal Dolan said, and it's exciting to be living in these times.

People are starting to realize that we can't bargain with our enemies. We are at war, and we need to act like it.

I, for one, am suiting up. Sounds like you are too. Good on'ya!

¡Viva Cristo Rey!

knight-errant

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Wow! This is beautiful. I like him even more after reading this.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Wow! This is beautiful. I like him even more after reading this.

--hide--

Really?

Maybe you can explain to the rest of us what he actually said.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: Really?Maybe you can explain to the rest of us what he actually said.
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Really?

--hide--

Sorry, can't tell you if you're not a fellow Mason. tongue

It's about the spiritual life and love of God instead of crappy politics.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: Really?Maybe you can explain to the rest of us what he actually said.

Really?

--hide--
I think this is what Cardinal Dolan is talking about??? We will see in the coming years if this is followed and the Bishops do what they are being asked to do. lets hope the Church is reunited in this effort to witness to Christ Church and what it is called to do. Pope Benedict has left a means to follow to bring us to Christ Jesus. If you skip the first part it gets right to what I think he means. www.crisismagazine.com

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: I think this is what Cardinal Dolan is talking about??? We will see in the comi...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

I think this is what Cardinal Dolan is talking about??? We will see in the coming years if this is followed and the Bishops do what they are being asked to do. lets hope the Church is reunited in this effort to witness to Christ Church and what it is called to do. Pope Benedict has left a means to follow to bring us to Christ Jesus. If you skip the first part it gets right to what I think he means. www.crisismagazine.com

--hide--

Tom,

I think you make my point when I suggest that it's not clear what he actually said.

His words are a little too vague for me to get excited about them.

Will

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: Tom,I think you make my point when I suggest that it's not clear wh...

Tom,

I think you make my point when I suggest that it's not clear what he actually said.

His words are a little too vague for me to get excited about them.

Will

--hide--
William, I agree he is very vague on this and some other issues. I remember him once saying the Bishops have had laryngitis for a long time, but never mention what for or what he was going to do about it. i think he likes to lift eyebrows, but seems to not open any eyes as to what he means or is planning to do.

Posts 1 - 10 of 30