Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: We Americans share the credit- they couldn't have done it without us.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

We Americans share the credit- they couldn't have done it without us.

--hide--

I do think America had a big hand in setting up Israel for the Jews after WW2. I am glad that we were
able to do that, though it wasn't a slam dunk as far as America getting involved.

Actually, Israel is the promised land for the Jews. And that land was given to them by God. And he
sent Moses to lead them there. So, we should not really complain about having to help them.

At this point in time they are having to share the land, even their precious temple, with Muslims, and
of course, Catholics like us.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Egypt is not unstable like Lybia or Syria, though it still has a long way to go. This is h...

Egypt is not unstable like Lybia or Syria, though it still has a long way to go.

This is her website:

www.indiegogo.com

--hide--

Wow, she is really trying to change minds, one child at a time. Very admirable.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I do think America had a big hand in setting up Israel for the Jews after WW2. I am gl...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I do think America had a big hand in setting up Israel for the Jews after WW2. I am glad that we were
able to do that, though it wasn't a slam dunk as far as America getting involved.

Actually, Israel is the promised land for the Jews. And that land was given to them by God. And he
sent Moses to lead them there. So, we should not really complain about having to help them.

At this point in time they are having to share the land, even their precious temple, with Muslims, and
of course, Catholics like us.

--hide--
Maryanne you and I can respectfully disagree on this subject, but the Man Upstairs would not sanction the brutal way in which the Jewish state was founded. Their incremental "annexing" of land that belongs to them only in a narrow fundamentalist interpretation of the Old Testament, continues almost daily. Israel's military occupation of Palestinian land is not an illusion or a lie. Many American and Israeli Jews love Israel and want it to survive, but vehemently oppose the occupation. Most of my sources on this subject are Israeli:

http://www.btselem.org

www.haaretz.com

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Maryanne you and I can respectfully disagree on this subject, but the Man Upstairs would not sanc...

Maryanne you and I can respectfully disagree on this subject, but the Man Upstairs would not sanction the brutal way in which the Jewish state was founded. Their incremental "annexing" of land that belongs to them only in a narrow fundamentalist interpretation of the Old Testament, continues almost daily. Israel's military occupation of Palestinian land is not an illusion or a lie. Many American and Israeli Jews love Israel and want it to survive, but vehemently oppose the occupation. Most of my sources on this subject are Israeli:

www.haaretz.com

--hide--

I completely agree with you about the occupation of Arab land. I wish they would not do that.

I love Israel, and I am not a Jew. It is the land of our forefathers in faith. Every part of Israel is relevant to
our religion.

I think people should have a little tolerance for the Jews because of the holocaust and what happened to them.
That mass destruction will never be out of their souls.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Maryanne you and I can respectfully disagree on this subject, but the Man Upstairs would not sanc...

www.haaretz.com

--hide--

I recently saw a movie paid for by the Israelis. It was about the Israeli occupation of the arab land. It was sad
how the new construction went into the Arab land and their olive trees which were the source of their income
and had been there for many generations.

The name of the movie was "Five Broken Cameras."

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I recently saw a movie paid for by the Israelis. It was about the Israeli occupati...

I recently saw a movie paid for by the Israelis. It was about the Israeli occupation of the arab land. It was sad
how the new construction went into the Arab land and their olive trees which were the source of their income
and had been there for many generations.

The name of the movie was "Five Broken Cameras."

--hide--
Just bought a copy and am looking forward to it. It was co-produced by a Palestinian and an Israeli.

Mar 5th 2013 new

www.haaretz.com

--hide--
That land was given to Israel by God, in there first war after the exodus from Egypt. they will never give it up again and will die if need be, to keep it. They also will take any help they can get, because they are out numbered and out flank if the Muslims every get together and attack at the same time. We have to help them or there will be some countries vanishing in the middle east by some really big bombs. The muslims killed all the Christens and Jews when they took that land many centuries ago and raped and made many slaves.Beginning with Mohamed and the ottoman empire.The muslims were and many still are the worst savges to live in that area of the world.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: That land was given to Israel by God, in there first war after the exodus from Egypt. they will ...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

That land was given to Israel by God, in there first war after the exodus from Egypt. they will never give it up again and will die if need be, to keep it. They also will take any help they can get, because they are out numbered and out flank if the Muslims every get together and attack at the same time. We have to help them or there will be some countries vanishing in the middle east by some really big bombs. The muslims killed all the Christens and Jews when they took that land many centuries ago and raped and made many slaves.Beginning with Mohamed and the ottoman empire.The muslims were and many still are the worst savges to live in that area of the world.

--hide--
Thomas, Israel is the only country in the history of the world that apparently has a Special Dispensation from God, granting it immunity from criticism. If the Almighty had granted the same to America, we would still have slavery.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Why is she teaching in Eqypt? Isn't that dangerous?I think the muslim brot...

Why is she teaching in Eqypt? Isn't that dangerous?

I think the muslim brotherhood is in every Arab spring country now.

--hide--

Yes, thanks to the US, the West and Israel. The Muslim Brotherhood can be an ally or convenient enemy, depending on the situation. That's geopolitics.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Thomas, Israel is the only country in the history of the world that apparently has a Special Disp...

Thomas, Israel is the only country in the history of the world that apparently has a Special Dispensation from God, granting it immunity from criticism. If the Almighty had granted the same to America, we would still have slavery.

--hide--
I just saying that is how they see it and that is what will make them fight for every inch. I mean look at there history. It's like every power on earth owned them or persecuted them. How would you feel if you were them.they were slaves more then any other race of people. Think about how long it has taken them to get there country back. They still have not built there temple back. They are surrounded buy enemies and have to be pretty paranoid like every day in that country. I will always side with them, because they are Gods chosen people and have a right to beleft alone. I know the Muslims do not have any honest motives and they never will.

Posts 21 - 30 of 115