Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Patty-361409 said: Rachel, that person making all those rude comments sounds like he is mentally ill
(Quote) Patty-361409 said: Rachel, that person making all those rude comments sounds like he is mentally ill
--hide--

Yes he is not well.

He may have gotten some of that junk from TV sitcoms which had some recent very poor attempts at humor that had the same idea. But that is no excuse. Maybe he was trying out his standup routine on you. That is no excuse by any means. I think sitcoms now have some pretty tawdry humor.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I think that some men would need to know that some woman flippantly turn them down because the wo...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I think that some men would need to know that some woman flippantly turn them down because the women are too immature or too scared to work through the getting to know you process. I think I did this in my younger years. I think I rashly turned someone down because I was not thinking anything through and had other thimgs on my mind.

Maybe this Title will give a balance to what we have witnessed today? I don't know.

Is there ever a time when a younger woman- will not take the time to get to know a man for no good reasaon except that she is just too busy or overwhelmed with her own stuff to do? I bet there is. I have had a number of good men approach me over the years and I should have opened a few doors for those men I think.

--hide--

First, it goes both ways. I'm sure there are plenty of men turning down women; young and old.

Second, I don't like the implication you are making by saying "women are too immature" to follow up on an email or reach out more in person. Everyone has standards - male or female. If the person doesn't meet your current standards, why bother stringing them along? That seems horribly cruel to me.

I have turned down men both in RL and on dating sites. On dating sites like here, it's pretty much because they are incapable of reading the profile. When I get emails from males where it's clear they only looked at the pictures (the most common is "Do you make your own dresses?" I say so multiple times in my profile) I immediately delete them. It's clear they don't want to get to know me.

In RL, I've turned them down because they are clearly way too old for me and just want someone "young" to make them feel young. Sorry, but I actually have a brain and feelings of my own. I am not an accessory. I am not an object. I am not a thing. If I want to hang out with people in their 50's and 60's, I go to one of my parents' wine parties.

Mar 6th 2013 new

--hide--

I think he is just socially awkward but I tend to see the good in people and I'm probably a bit naive due to my sheltered life.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: You had the wrong number!
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: You had the wrong number!
--hide--

So if I find the right number I still have a chance!! biggrin

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Well, Yes. That is what she told me She said "I know I am being rash but I just can&...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Well, Yes. That is what she told me She said "I know I am being rash but I just can't talk to Tom right now."

--hide--

To me "right now," means maybe later!!! YeeHaa lil mikie

Mar 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Tom-54311 said: So if I find the right number I still have a chance!!
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

So if I find the right number I still have a chance!!

--hide--
Yes!!!
Mar 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Tom-54311 said: So if I find the right number I still have a chance!!
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

So if I find the right number I still have a chance!!

--hide--
Yes!!!
Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: So that's why Selma Hayek won't return my calls.?!?
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

So that's why Selma Hayek won't return my calls.?!?

--hide--

Maybe it's because you aren't spelling her name right.. Salma.. laughing

Or her husband is taking her calls?? wink

She was raised Roman Catholic though.. theheart

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I was talking with someone here from cm as friends and he kept making remarks that were offensiv...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I was talking with someone here from cm as friends and he kept making remarks that were offensive and sexual -- like "guys would be more motivated to dance if women's breasts were on their backs to we could get a good feel" and other remarks about the "soft parts" that he wanted to enjoy and also things like "guess the women on cm just aren't as intelligent as the men" because no woman was buying what he was selling which maybe he thought was humorous or cute but definitely wasn't. I cut communication and, I suppose rudely, told him I felt he was crude and offensive. Would you call that rashly turning down a man?

--hide--

Forum Rule #13..Others members are not to be discussed in the Language, gender specific, or any other forum with or without restricted access under any circumstances.

If he should read what you have posted here you have just caused public embarrassment to him.. Is that really fair? No matter what was said, if it was in a private message it is a violation of Forum Rule #6.. Private messages are private-they are not to be posted or discussed in the forums without mutual agreement from both parties.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Maybe it's because you aren't spelling her name right.. Salma
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Maybe it's because you aren't spelling her name right.. Salma..

Or her husband is taking her calls??

She was raised Roman Catholic though..

--hide--

She has a husband? shocked

OK, I'll have to start calling Sophia Loren than. wink

Posts 41 - 50 of 76