Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

A win for unborn children! The Arkansas legislature has passed the Heartbeat Protection Act which bans abortion at 12 weeks. It is "unconstitutional" and may be voided (I don't really know much about politics to be honest), but this is a small win! I'm happy to see something like this happening. Can anyone else provide more information?

Mar 7th 2013 new

The bill requires testing to determine whether the fetus that the pregnant woman is carrying possesses a detectible heartbeat and is under 12 weeks or greater gestation.

ACLU and pro-choice groups have promised to attack the legislation in the courts - and Arkansas and Little Rock being the far-left bed that it is - the legislation will probably not stand.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: A win for unborn children! The Arkansas legislature has passed the Heartbeat Protection Act which...
(Quote) Kelly-846180 said:

A win for unborn children! The Arkansas legislature has passed the Heartbeat Protection Act which bans abortion at 12 weeks. It is "unconstitutional" and may be voided (I don't really know much about politics to be honest), but this is a small win! I'm happy to see something like this happening. Can anyone else provide more information?

--hide--

Kelly: I am sorry. I just did a posting on the Act. I did not realize you had done one. This is a real coup for
anti abortionists like Catholics. Thank heavens some action has been taken in the state laws to modify
abortion in some way. At least it is a beginning.

Posts 1 - 3 of 3