Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

03/04/2013 new

(Quote) Monica-730858 said: Thanks, I might have to check that out. I don't know if I could tolerate that much ...
(Quote) Monica-730858 said:

Thanks, I might have to check that out. I don't know if I could tolerate that much snow, but then again I suppose I could handle just about anything if it meant having the Tridentine Mass! I've been applying for jobs in two cities that have them and I'm hoping it happens soon!

--hide--

How far are you from Lincoln, NE? I hear they just might have a TLM there... ;)

03/05/2013 new

So it's best to remain in different states and never come into contact? Date like Abelard and Heloise dated?

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: How far are you from Lincoln, NE? I hear they just might have a TLM there... ;) <...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

How far are you from Lincoln, NE? I hear they just might have a TLM there... ;)

--hide--

Funny that you mention Lincoln, I have a phone interview with a company there today! I'm 5 hours away right now but I've been there a couple of times. Beautiful parish, not to mention the seminary!

03/06/2013 new

(Quote) Monica-730858 said: Funny that you mention Lincoln, I have a phone interview with a company there today! I'm 5 h...

Funny that you mention Lincoln, I have a phone interview with a company there today! I'm 5 hours away right now but I've been there a couple of times. Beautiful parish, not to mention the seminary!

--hide--

I've heard that Lincoln, NE, is one of the strongest dioceses in the country - not only for TLM, but in general. They have an excellent conservative bishop there (last I read anyway, hope he is still there).

03/06/2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: I've heard that Lincoln, NE, is one of the strongest dioceses in the country - not onl...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

I've heard that Lincoln, NE, is one of the strongest dioceses in the country - not only for TLM, but in general. They have an excellent conservative bishop there (last I read anyway, hope he is still there).

--hide--

I'm sure you are thinking of Bishop Bruskewitz. He was one of the most conservative anywhere. Unfortunately he is now retired but his shoes have been filled by Bishop Conely from Denver and he is wonderful as well.

03/06/2013 new

(Quote) Monica-730858 said: Thanks for posting this! It's been my impression that a lot of people aren't aware of th...

Thanks for posting this! It's been my impression that a lot of people aren't aware of these things. There's one on there called "Kissing a vocation goodbye" and people are generally shocked when they learn that passionate kissing is a mortal sin if you're unmarried. I love audiosancto!!!

--hide--

OK, I can't listen to the audio, because my system is crap, but where in the world is french kissing a mortal sin?! Like, is there a CCC site I've missed here? Or is this in the "women who wear pants are going to Hell" school of thought?

03/06/2013 new

(Quote) Emily-647155 said: OK, I can't listen to the audio, because my system is crap, but where in the wor...
(Quote) Emily-647155 said:

OK, I can't listen to the audio, because my system is crap, but where in the world is french kissing a mortal sin?! Like, is there a CCC site I've missed here? Or is this in the "women who wear pants are going to Hell" school of thought?

--hide--
Emily, I think French kissing is only legal in France, Quebec and certain areas in southern Louisiana where they serve seafood gumbo. Everywhere else it's a mortal sin. embarassed

03/06/2013 new

laughing laughing laughing

Good to know! scratchchin

03/06/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Emily, I think French kissing is only legal in France, Quebec and certain areas in southern Louis...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Emily, I think French kissing is only legal in France, Quebec and certain areas in southern Louisiana where they serve seafood gumbo. Everywhere else it's a mortal sin.

--hide--

So Peter, if I meet the man in Quebec I don't need to pack my kissing sinnometer? muted

03/06/2013 new

(Quote) Joyce-844872 said: So Peter, if I meet the man in Quebec I don't need to pack my kissing sinnometer?
(Quote) Joyce-844872 said:

So Peter, if I meet the man in Quebec I don't need to pack my kissing sinnometer?

--hide--
I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may tend to incriminate me. open mouth muted

Posts 21 - 30 of 163