Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

This topic asks you to write any differences that you think are true about men's reading of topics compared to women's reading of topics. One example of a possible difference is what men are looking for as they read compared to what women are looking for. Another example is how men react to this or that kind of content compared to how women react to the same content. Still another example is how the titles of topics affects men's decisions to read them compared to how titles of topics affect women's decision to read them.

This topic seeks only personal opinions, not scientifically researched and tested answers. Also, although my question does not include the word, "post", you can assume that the posts within a topic are part of the topic and so the inquiry is about reading both topics and their posts.

Trying to appeal to members who are tell-us-topically inclined, mischievous eyebrow

John

03/07/2013 new

Not sure is this is what you had in mind (see - that is what you had in mind), but I think men's topics and posts are quicker to get to the point of an issue, where as women will often take a walk around the block to get there - and we want you to see everything we saw on our walk around the block.

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Not sure is this is what you had in mind (see - that is what you had in mind), but I think men&...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Not sure is this is what you had in mind (see - that is what you had in mind), but I think men's topics and posts are quicker to get to the point of an issue, where as women will often take a walk around the block to get there - and we want you to see everything we saw on our walk around the block.

--hide--

So True!!!

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Not sure is this is what you had in mind (see - that is what you had in mind), but I think men&...

--hide--

Science tells us that women's brain have a larger area dedicated to communication and language, and that in an average day men speak 7,000 words, and women 20,000. laughing laughing laughing

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: Science tells us that women's brain have a larger area dedicated to co...
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

Science tells us that women's brain have a larger area dedicated to communication and language, and that in an average day men speak 7,000 words, and women 20,000.

--hide--
Well, Rosemarie - that explains a few things.... laughing hug

03/08/2013 new

--hide--
Yours is an interesting reply, but it seems to answer more questions about how women write topics and posts compared to how men do.

I was inquiring more about how women read topics and posts. Although profiles are not the same as topics and posts, how women read profiles may provide clues about how they read topics and posts. One recent video I saw tried to answer the question, "How do womwn read profiles on dating sites?" As explained by a man, women try to figure out the hidden implications of what a man says in his profile as opposed to what his words say directly.

Of course not every woman will draw the same implication from the same words. One woman will read a profile in which the man claims he is a hard worker and she will see the implication that he will be a good provider. A second woman will read the same profile with the same claim about working hard and see the implication that he is boastful. In both cases though, the women are looking for the underlying meaning.

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: One woman will read a profile in which the man claims he is a hard worker and she will see the implicatio...
(Quote) John-184825 said: One woman will read a profile in which the man claims he is a hard worker and she will see the implication that he will be a good provider. A second woman will read the same profile with the same claim about working hard and see the implication that he is boastful.
--hide--

I would conclude that he had no hobbies or interests beyond his work. rolling eyes

03/08/2013 new

Hey! He said "no scientific studies"!!! laughing

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Hey! He said "no scientific studies"!!!
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Hey! He said "no scientific studies"!!!

--hide--

I know!!! laughing shhh (oh, wish there is a delete button out here) embarassed faint

03/08/2013 new

You are correct. I answered a question you did not directly ask. I cannot answer how other women read a topic or post. I can only answer for myself. I find that I try shy away from topics that appear as if they will take a downward spiral into bickering and negativity. Even in the current events forum, respectful discourse is enlightening and fun; topics stated as if there is no possible response to the topic other than to take a poll of those in agreement are not enlightening or fun. I am greatly interested in the views of others and concede that I know very little about a lot of things; however, I grow weary of topics and posts where folks repeat, repeat, repeat the same thing over and over. That's what the thumbs up and down are for. I have noticed in what appear to be controversial topics that when men answer honestly, women (I'm feeling right now a distaste for this generalization) often do not take a few moments to thoughtfully consider the response, but will instead become defensive. This is only how I see it and do not assert this view for others.

Posts 1 - 10 of 37