Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Match System???

Mar 6th 2013 new

Ok, I'm not so great with technology admittedly...I just DON'T get the match system.

My understanding was that if there is a mutual match...I will get an e-mail.

I got an e-mail saying there is a new match. It doesn't say who...I log in into the system...I don't see anyway to find out who the match is with????

Then I read the instruction more carefully and it is a double blind system. Double blind??? How about completely blind?

I have NO idea what I am supposed to do....and who this match is with?

Mar 7th 2013 new

Laura,

If you are on your catholic match home page, there are four links in the top left corner: Messages, Matches, Viewed Me, and Favorites. If you click on the Matches link, it will show you all of the matches the site has for you, with the person's picture blurred out. If you want to view their profile, there should be a link right in the center for each match. When you click on it, it will take you to the person's profile, and once you review their profile, you can decide to either agree that you are interested yes/maybe/no and this is at the top of their profile.

If I understand it, when you view the person's profile, they don't know that you have viewed them. However, if you viewed their profile, and said yes you are interested, and if they have you as a match, view your profile, and say yes, then a message will be sent to both of you that you are both interested in each other.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephen-448131 said: Laura,If you are on your catholic match home page, there are four links in the top ...
(Quote) Stephen-448131 said:

Laura,

If you are on your catholic match home page, there are four links in the top left corner: Messages, Matches, Viewed Me, and Favorites. If you click on the Matches link, it will show you all of the matches the site has for you, with the person's picture blurred out. If you want to view their profile, there should be a link right in the center for each match. When you click on it, it will take you to the person's profile, and once you review their profile, you can decide to either agree that you are interested yes/maybe/no and this is at the top of their profile.

If I understand it, when you view the person's profile, they don't know that you have viewed them. However, if you viewed their profile, and said yes you are interested, and if they have you as a match, view your profile, and say yes, then a message will be sent to both of you that you are both interested in each other.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

--hide--

Thanks Stephen, I did all of those steps...but the e-mail doesn't say who the match is with...and if I chose 'yes' for several possible matches...then I have no idea who this match is with. I guess the system is implying you should only say yes to one person at a time? The problem is that some people don't check this site every day...otherwise it would be possible to do that.

Mar 7th 2013 new

I don't remember "filling out" anything that would describe "my matches". Is there a way to revisit and update whatever the criteria are?

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Thanks Stephen, I did all of those steps...but the e-mail doesn't say who the ma...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Thanks Stephen, I did all of those steps...but the e-mail doesn't say who the match is with...and if I chose 'yes' for several possible matches...then I have no idea who this match is with. I guess the system is implying you should only say yes to one person at a time? The problem is that some people don't check this site every day...otherwise it would be possible to do that.

--hide--

You can only say yes to a match whose profile you have viewed and only one at a time.. You don't get to pick three at the same time.. There is no browse notification the first time you view a profile on your match list, but there will be the second time you browse the profile.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I don't remember "filling out" anything that would describe "my matches"....
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I don't remember "filling out" anything that would describe "my matches". Is there a way to revisit and update whatever the criteria are?

--hide--

The mutual matching system inv olves taking a long test.. The matches are based on communication styles and a bunch of other criteria.. People with status of divorced are not allowed to participate.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: .. People with status of divorced are not allowed to participate.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

.. People with status of divorced are not allowed to participate.

--hide--

Why is that?

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Julie-947107 said: Why is that?
(Quote) Julie-947107 said:

Why is that?

--hide--

Because according to Terms of Service unless you are annulled you're not supposed to use CM for romantic purposes..

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Because according to Terms of Service unless you are annulled you're not supposed...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Because according to Terms of Service unless you are annulled you're not supposed to use CM for romantic purposes..

--hide--

Now that prompts another question... My ex and I were not married in the church, he died about a year after our divorce. I never pursued an annulment because I was told it wasn't necessary due to his death. So what should my status be on CM?

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Julie-947107 said: Now that prompts another question... My ex and I were not married in the church, he ...
(Quote) Julie-947107 said:

Now that prompts another question... My ex and I were not married in the church, he died about a year after our divorce. I never pursued an annulment because I was told it wasn't necessary due to his death. So what should my status be on CM?

--hide--

In the past CM has maintained the position that you are divorced but can answer the other question Free to Marry.. But if I were you I would submit a Help Ticket and ask if they can fix it so that you can participate in the matching system.. It seems unfair to me to bar you from that..

Posts 1 - 10 of 14