Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Jan 23rd 2013 new
Sue, please take a few minutes and read my forum under single parenting. It is called establishing a holy relationship with your child. This is where God thrives. Where others say there is no hope, where others say give up, where others say this is just how some things are in life. But I say to you, how strong God must have found you, to be his mother. Stay encouraged and lean not on your own understanding or on others. God will make a way while we continue to pray. God bless you. Have an awesome day
Mar 7th 2013 new

Sue, your not alone in this...keep praying and take things one day at a time. Fortunately for me, my son who is PDD(laymen's term for light to moderate autism) was at a school for kids on the whole autism spectrum and knew how to handle my son's emotional triggers when my husband died 4 years ago.

The school was and still is small, the staff looks out for their "kids". It's nothing for a kid to have a melt down and sit in the Director's office for a couple of hours or sit outside a classroom until they can calm down or talk about what's on their mind.

I have gotten to know the parents of the students. I have heard and believe that prayer and loving out kids are the best tools we have for them.

Are there any schools in your area that are specificly for kids like your son? If there is, sometimes they have scholarships they don't advertise ot have sliding scale tuition.

My heart and prayers go out to you, Judie

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Judie-947029 said: Sue, your not alone in this...keep praying and take things one day at a time. Fortunately for me,...
(Quote) Judie-947029 said:

Sue, your not alone in this...keep praying and take things one day at a time. Fortunately for me, my son who is PDD(laymen's term for light to moderate autism) was at a school for kids on the whole autism spectrum and knew how to handle my son's emotional triggers when my husband died 4 years ago.

The school was and still is small, the staff looks out for their "kids". It's nothing for a kid to have a melt down and sit in the Director's office for a couple of hours or sit outside a classroom until they can calm down or talk about what's on their mind.

I have gotten to know the parents of the students. I have heard and believe that prayer and loving out kids are the best tools we have for them.

Are there any schools in your area that are specificly for kids like your son? If there is, sometimes they have scholarships they don't advertise ot have sliding scale tuition.

My heart and prayers go out to you, Judie

--hide--

I am a Special Education teacher of intermediate students with high functioning autism and other SLD (specific learning disabilities). If you can find a school in your area that specifically educates children with HFA or PDD (older term) your son might be able to live with you and be educated. Minnesota is known for their progressive ideas in education so I would hope that he might find a "SAFE" educational setting. Also, this time of year is particularly challenging for individuals with emotional & neurological differences, not only because of standardized testing pressures, but also because of the chemical changes that occur in the body during the spring season (teachers call it "March madness" for a reason). Blessings to you.

Posts 51 - 53 of 53