Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

03/07/2013 new
Hi All, it's Mary here in NY. Love, love, love Zeppelin, I listen to the band everyday. I'm a 70's groupie but I think the 1st song that really caught my attention was in September 1968 by John Lennon and Paul McCartney. the "Birthday" song by The Beatles, on their White album. I love all music except classical/ opera, I tried, it's just not my thing.
03/07/2013 new

Kim Wilde "select", that is a true rarity.
Someone mentioned Leo Sayer. Nothing wrong with his music either.
Ya know as a young adult I took courses on Jazz, classical music, took piano lessons etc. While I can appreciate alot of
different music today, at some point in my late 30s I said "Rock and roll is what I like". I embrace all of it. Classic rock, punk, prog, metal.

Today my CD collection is greater than 400 discs. 90% of which is rock and roll. When Im wheel chair bound in the nursing home I will listen to rock and roll. No apologies.
I have everything by LedZep, ELP, Yes, Ramones, thin lizzy, Genesis, Iron Maiden, Nazareth, the beatles on and on. One of the self indulgent pleasures of being single.

Peter, why does Sweden produce so many heavy metal bands? Opeth is pretty good.

03/07/2013 new

yeah the white album was the bomb. Even yoko ono singing (normally sounds like a dead cat) in the back ground of "birthday" sounded perfect.
I lived in long beach as a youngster (minnesota-west end)

03/08/2013 new

Listen to the Top 100, for years 1965 thru 1971, on lzcenter.com. Then click "Music" on the left.

03/08/2013 new

Yep it was absolutely horrible. I was DJing in the dorm radio station at Purdue when I came across the thing. It was a demo from the record company. I was trying a request line that night and nobody was calling in, so I extorted the requests! I put that awful thing on and told them I would keep playing it until I got some requests!

I think maybe 5 seconds (seemed more like an hour) passed before I had requests. Ten seconds later I had it off the turntable and in the trash. laughing

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-914631 said: Kim Wilde "select", that is a true rarity.Someone mentioned Leo Sayer. Nothing wrong ...
(Quote) Ray-914631 said:

Kim Wilde "select", that is a true rarity.
Someone mentioned Leo Sayer. Nothing wrong with his music either.
Ya know as a young adult I took courses on Jazz, classical music, took piano lessons etc. While I can appreciate alot of
different music today, at some point in my late 30s I said "Rock and roll is what I like". I embrace all of it. Classic rock, punk, prog, metal.

Today my CD collection is greater than 400 discs. 90% of which is rock and roll. When Im wheel chair bound in the nursing home I will listen to rock and roll. No apologies.
I have everything by LedZep, ELP, Yes, Ramones, thin lizzy, Genesis, Iron Maiden, Nazareth, the beatles on and on. One of the self indulgent pleasures of being single.

Peter, why does Sweden produce so many heavy metal bands? Opeth is pretty good.

--hide--
Wow! I just love Opeth.

There is something in the water here and that's why we with such a limited population can produce so much music which sells well in the world and also whop some US and Canadian butt in hockey now and then too. wink

Seriously I'd say that we have a tradition of arranging facilities for young bands to practice, often in failry large complexes. Often there is one band among those who gets a brekathrough but keep on practicing in the same place. This allows the younger less experienced bands to be around guys who succeeded and learn from them. It's like success rubs off. We also had quite a few music oriented public schools which allowed a great number of students to learn the basics of music.

03/08/2013 new

I bought the DVD Almost Famous (classic rock movie) last night, written by Cameron Crowe. Watchg it right now. I am reliving my youth with all the music! The year is 1973. I believe I might have been a lifeguard at the swimming pool in my little hometown that summer, the senior year. I also just adore Kate Hudson as an actress; she is just sparkly. Frances McDormand is the mom; she just rocks, too (in a motherly, protective way.)

I had the movie on VCR, but my daughter absconded w/it.

03/08/2013 new

The Bee Gees

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-251045 said: The Bee Gees
(Quote) Mary-251045 said:

The Bee Gees

--hide--
Mary, Any special Bee Gees songs or memories? They were a talented band.

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Mary, Any special Bee Gees songs or memories? They were a talented band.
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Mary, Any special Bee Gees songs or memories? They were a talented band.

--hide--
I always loved that song 'saved by the bell'

Posts 41 - 50 of 61