Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I know exactly what you mean. I grew up in Hawkes Bay. We were heavily afflicted with th...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I know exactly what you mean. I grew up in Hawkes Bay. We were heavily afflicted with their liberal nonsense. Shame really, I met Bishop Cullinane and he was a nice enough chap, the other guy who's name I keep forgetting who they brought in when Bisp. Cullinane was sick was also pleasant. However, niceness and pleasantness do not always equal faithful to the teachings of the Church or understanding the spirit of Vat II.

--hide--

Bishop Dolan. He was a great Co-Adjudicator and a great preacher. Bishop Peter was a nice chap, just weak and open to manipulation by Priests with a more militant agenda

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: A caution. The "spirit of Vatican II" is exactly what knocked the Church off th...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

A caution. The "spirit of Vatican II" is exactly what knocked the Church off the rails. Its problem was that it had nothing to do with VII.

A more accurate way of saying what you intend is to just say, "... or understanding of Vatican II and its teachings."

--hide--

I would agree there is nothing wrong with John XXIII Vatican council it was the interpretation and differences that were the problem.

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: I would agree there is nothing wrong with John XXIII Vatican council it was the interp...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

I would agree there is nothing wrong with John XXIII Vatican council it was the interpretation and differences that were the problem.

--hide--

I wish it were just incorrect interpretations and differences.

Recall, that John XXIII Himself stated that one of the purposes he had for calling the Council was to "... Open the windows of the Church ... ."

As a result, many went off the deep end, never reading a word the Council wrote, including a lot of Bishops who attended the Council who were clueless about what was discussed and decided, and began proclaiming whatever was their particular bag as being in the "spirit of Vatican II."; i.e. opening the windows of the church to let in the air of modernity, whatever that meant to them.

03/09/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: I wish it were just incorrect interpretations and differences. Recall, that John X...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

I wish it were just incorrect interpretations and differences.

Recall, that John XXIII Himself stated that one of the purposes he had for calling the Council was to "... Open the windows of the Church ... ."

As a result, many went off the deep end, never reading a word the Council wrote, including a lot of Bishops who attended the Council who were clueless about what was discussed and decided, and began proclaiming whatever was their particular bag as being in the "spirit of Vatican II."; i.e. opening the windows of the church to let in the air of modernity, whatever that meant to them.

--hide--

Ill take your word for that I was only a year old when Vatican 2 came so I have to rely on writen sources, or living memory but I believe my memories of V2 would be much more than Gaga Booboo.

Posts 81 - 84 of 84