Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

For instance.....

I see New Jersey as a state covered in asphalt and concrete. A state where school children are bussed to museums to see and touch real grass and trees.

I see Utah as a giant sandbox for adult males to use their ATVs, 4x4s and dirtbikes.

I see Mississippi as a state completely covered in kudzu with alligators underneath.

Here are the rules: You cannot use the words snow or cold or blizzard or freezing when referring to Minnesota. laughing

Mar 8th 2013 new

Think of NJ as a smaller California. We have the mountains, the highways, and the beaches (with warmer water than CA, BTW), and the budget deficits, just on a smaller scale. You can go to the beach in the summer and ski here in the winter.

Oh. And turn off "Jersey Shore," "The Sopranos," and "The Real Housewives of New Jersey."

Mar 8th 2013 new

Well - I got a lesson in Lake Wobegon the other day! I have been educated now. Also went on line and checked out the lakes. Awsome.

You are correct about Utah and Mississippi, except that Mississippi does have beautiful black dirt farmlands in the delta, and the southern part of the state is not that much different from South Louisiana in geography.

I wonder about Maine and Vermont. In my mind, I always picture it to be fall in those states, with gently rolling hills and white clapboard churches every couple of miles, and lots of farmhouses.

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Here are the rules: You cannot use the words snow or cold or blizzard or freezing when referring to ...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Here are the rules: You cannot use the words snow or cold or blizzard or freezing when referring to Minnesota.

--hide--

My perception of Minnesota is based on the 1996 movie "Fargo". But since I can't break the rule using any of the banned words I'm not sure what to say about it. tongue

Interestingly enough my family has been talking for a couple years about making the trip from Maryland to Brainerd for the 2nd week in August. We hear that's the place to be for the best party if you are interested in motorsports. We hear "The Zoo" has great people and is a great time.

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: Think of NJ as a smaller California. We have the mountains, the highways, and the beaches (with...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Think of NJ as a smaller California. We have the mountains, the highways, and the beaches (with warmer water than CA, BTW), and the budget deficits, just on a smaller scale. You can go to the beach in the summer and ski here in the winter.

Oh. And turn off "Jersey Shore," "The Sopranos," and "The Real Housewives of New Jersey."

--hide--

I knew someone would set me straight, William. I have never watched any of that crap on TV.

Speaking of Calif. and New Jersey, reminded me of my favorite lawyer joke.

Why does Calif. have so many lawyers, and NJ have so many toxic waste dumps?

NJ got to pick first.

Mar 8th 2013 new

Idaho. My perception is that it's majority Mormon, lots of beautiful mountains, and lots of potato farms. What's reality?

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: My perception of Minnesota is based on the 1996 movie "Fargo". Bu...
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said:

My perception of Minnesota is based on the 1996 movie "Fargo". But since I can't break the rule using any of the banned words I'm not sure what to say about it.

Interestingly enough my family has been talking for a couple years about making the trip from Maryland to Brainerd for the 2nd week in August. We hear that's the place to be for the best party if you are interested in motorsports. We hear "The Zoo" has great people and is a great time.

--hide--

Part of Fargo was filmed near Brainerd. We do not talk like that though, uff da.

Ah yes, BIR, Brainerd International Raceway. One of the best NHRA drag racing tracks in America. Huge crowds every year, up to 100,000.

It is an awesome great time, the top racers in the country fly in and their crews truck their cars in on the most beautiful semi trucks you ever saw.

I likegoing there every few years to see howfast they are going now. It is thunder and the ground shakes. When the big boys run I can hear it at my house through many miles of forest and lakes. There is a road race track there also that Paul Newman used to race on, also Bruce Jenner and the Smothers Brothers!! It is probably too late to get a room anywhere near Brainerd this year. But you can camp on the grounds, thousands do. They, security, have toned down the Zoo over the years, but if I were a woman I would bring a couple of 6' 5" guys with me!!

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Well - I got a lesson in Lake Wobegon the other day! I have been educated now. Also went on lin...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Well - I got a lesson in Lake Wobegon the other day! I have been educated now. Also went on line and checked out the lakes. Awsome.

You are correct about Utah and Mississippi, except that Mississippi does have beautiful black dirt farmlands in the delta, and the southern part of the state is not that much different from South Louisiana in geography.

I wonder about Maine and Vermont. In my mind, I always picture it to be fall in those states, with gently rolling hills and white clapboard churches every couple of miles, and lots of farmhouses.

--hide--

I picture Maine and Vermont with a bunch of uptight protestants going around frowning at everybody. laughing

BTW, their fall leaves aren't as pretty as ours.

Mar 9th 2013 new

I guess I have always pictured Arizona with desert sands everywhere and when I was younger I thought Kentucky had horse ranches and horse running freely because I remember seeing a commerical (back in the mid 90s) that advertised reasons to visit Kentucky and there were horses running in an open grassy field. Of course my family lived there for three and a half years in the late 90s and I found out that Kentucky does not have horses running freely sad I was so hoping to meet a cowboy laughing

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: Idaho. My perception is that it's majority Mormon, lots of beautiful mountains, and lots ...
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said:

Idaho. My perception is that it's majority Mormon, lots of beautiful mountains, and lots of potato farms. What's reality?

--hide--

It's Utah that's primarily Mormon. Not sure about Idaho.

Posts 1 - 10 of 102