Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 2nd 2013 new

Here I sit holding my tummy sad
Why cant someone fix me something yummy? scratchchin
As Jimmy Hoffa said,We all got to eat soapbox
Im sure all the gals cooking is quite neat thumbsup stir the pot! Its getting cold!
A bowl of soup,a leg of lamb smile
During Lent its a sin to say,BRIAN,SCRAM raspberry
So,Ill soon be a knocking at your door wave wink
And Ill say,Keep the chow coming,MORE,MORE,MORE Turkey!

Mar 3rd 2013 new

My kitchen creations for today include 2 banana cream pies, a pumpkin pie, peanut butter-banana-chocolate chip cookies, and whole wheat-oatmeal bread -- happy tummies for family and friends ;)

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Chicken breast tenders in campbell's cream of asparagus soup, added some frozen asparagus from a stir fry veggie bag (up here we call that a "hot dish") poured over mashed boiled potatoes...

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Here I sit holding my tummy Why cant someone fix me something yummy? As Jimmy Hoffa said,...
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Here I sit holding my tummy
Why cant someone fix me something yummy?
As Jimmy Hoffa said,We all got to eat
Im sure all the gals cooking is quite neat
A bowl of soup,a leg of lamb
During Lent its a sin to say,BRIAN,SCRAM
So,Ill soon be a knocking at your door
And Ill say,Keep the chow coming,MORE,MORE,MORE

--hide--
How clever BBBrian!

Chinese food today Chef

Mar 9th 2013 new

Just enjoyed a turkey sandwich with tomatoes and lettuce and a cup of hot chocolate. cloudnine

Mar 9th 2013 new

leftover (simple) chicken soup that I made a couple days ago: chicken thighs, carrots, store-bought Kluski noodles, with a little bit of Watkins chicken soup mix to enhance the flavour ... found some new bite-sized Premium Saltines to go with it

Mar 9th 2013 new
Wow, that sounds delicious! Weekends are my time to cook and bake, I found an easy recipe for lemon curd, so I think I will try that today and then use it as a filling between yellow cake layers...I might make scones if I can find an easy recipe! happy cooking everyone!
Mar 9th 2013 new

I am making 3 kinds of Crusty Bread -- orange-cranberry-pecan bread, apple-oat-walnut bread, plain whole wheat bread -- which will rise overnight and bake before Mass so I can take it to my Franciscan gathering tomorrow. I'm also making a pumpkin pie and banana cake and maybe an apple crisp for the gathering -- depends on how early I get going. And tomorrow I hope to make a banana cream pie for a friend and another loaf of Crusty Bread for a different friend. Today I played outside with my kids too much to get any baking done, but had bread from yesterday's baking and soup from Thursday, so that was alright along with chocolate chip cookies also from Friday.

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:I am making 3 kinds of Crusty Bread
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:I am making 3 kinds of Crusty Bread
--hide--

Shut up. I'm crazy to come to your house to eat.

Actually, though, I'm soooooo wanting some good etouffe. I'll have to settle for shrimp - cause I ain't trusting no crawfish in Arkansas. But making me up a pan tomorrow. You know, Louisiana people put the rice on in the morning and then wonder what's for dinner to go with our rice.

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Shut up. I'm crazy to come to your house to eat.Actually, though, I...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Shut up. I'm crazy to come to your house to eat.

Actually, though, I'm soooooo wanting some good etouffe. I'll have to settle for shrimp - cause I ain't trusting no crawfish in Arkansas. But making me up a pan tomorrow. You know, Louisiana people put the rice on in the morning and then wonder what's for dinner to go with our rice.

--hide--

ah, Louisiana cooking! I'll take some gumbo, please! (just hold the catfish, I put that in the same category as lutefisk crazy laughing)

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200