Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 9th 2013 new

Love that response.

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Haven't read all the posts yet..but I will agree with this. I always look for hidden implicat...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

Haven't read all the posts yet..but I will agree with this. I always look for hidden implications. ..from both genders. Maybe its because sometimes I am afraid to be up front about something so I will write in a roundabout way. Thus I can also avoid lying

--hide--
Thanks for contributing to this discussion. You've got me pondering what things might require a woman to write [about them] in a roundabout way, to employ your words. scratchchin

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: I also believe that there are many factors that go into interpretation for anyone of either gende...

I also believe that there are many factors that go into interpretation for anyone of either gender. Experience and education can influnce ones perception. I myself am here initially to look for a potential mate. Now I'm also working on my spirituality and basic knowlege of Catholicism. I've learned a lot here!

For me, I now realize it is best to avoid certain topics.Iam a very sensitive being. Even some of the prayer requests can be painful for me.

Anyw, thanks John for a "nice" lively topic for discussion. Have a blessed eve.

--hide--
Hi Susan.

Thanks for letting me know that you think my topic is a "nice" lively topic for discussion. It's uplifting to know that I "reached" someone.

John

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Thanks for contributing to this discussion. You've got me pondering what things might require ...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Thanks for contributing to this discussion. You've got me pondering what things might require a woman to write [about them] in a roundabout way, to employ your words.

--hide--
Good mornng John.

I guess I was thinking of thinglike employment status, love life history and physical health. Especially someone who has been wounded may be much more guarded. Also what comes to

mind, looking at all my typos embarassed is communication style. I am a talker and ( even better) listener. Reading and keyboarding are much harder so I may not pick up the same thing from a post as someone else to whom this computer stuff comes second nature.

Blessings. Susan

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Good mornng John. I guess I was thinking of thinglike employment status, love life his...

Good mornng John.

I guess I was thinking of thinglike employment status, love life history and physical health. Especially someone who has been wounded may be much more guarded. Also what comes to

mind, looking at all my typos is communication style. I am a talker and ( even better) listener. Reading and keyboarding are much harder so I may not pick up the same thing from a post as someone else to whom this computer stuff comes second nature.

Blessings. Susan

--hide--
Hi Susan,

Now I see better what you meant by expressing things indirectly. If there are not many employment opportunities, but a person is working hard at find on a job, just writing the direct word, "unemployed" would not give an accurate picture of the person's relationship to work.

Since you prefer to talk rather than communicate by writing, you might consider adding something to that effect to your profile if you have not already done that so that an interested man will more quickly try arrange that by telephone or otherwise.

Blessings to you too,

John

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: There actually is a physiological reason for that one too... Seems that the membrane between the...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

There actually is a physiological reason for that one too... Seems that the membrane between the right & left sides of a woman's brain are able to allow the neurotransmitters to communicate quicker than a man's... In other words, she connects the dots in ways that leave a man clueless.... Science has actually proved a woman's intuition exists...!!!

Typical to my gender.... I read the topics that explore different aspects of relationships... especially ones that disscuss differences between men & women....

--hide--
Debbie,

Thanks for reminding us that women have a chunkier corpus callosum. Sorry to disappoint you, but not even the nerds among men first look at a woman's corpus callosum. shhh They seem to settle for her corpus, as primitive as that may sound. eyepopping mischievous shhh

John

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Debbie, Thanks for reminding us that women have a chunkier corpus c...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Debbie,

Thanks for reminding us that women have a chunkier corpus callosum. Sorry to disappoint you, but not even the nerds among men first look at a woman's corpus callosum. They seem to settle for her corpus, as primitive as that may sound.

John

--hide--

rolling eyes.......... laughing laughing laughing

Posts 31 - 37 of 37