Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found or unavailable

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said:I see Utah as a giant sandbox for adult males to use their ATVs, 4x4s and dirtbikes.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

I see Utah as a giant sandbox for adult males to use their ATVs, 4x4s and dirtbikes.

--hide--

I love Utah! It's one of my favorite states in the nation. It has the most gorgeous scenery, awesome canyons, amazing red rocks, and of course the best snow on earth. The only thing missing is the ocean. :) That's when California comes to the rescue.

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Well - I got a lesson in Lake Wobegon the other day! I have been educated now. Also went on li...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Well - I got a lesson in Lake Wobegon the other day! I have been educated now. Also went on line and checked out the lakes. Awsome.

You are correct about Utah and Mississippi, except that Mississippi does have beautiful black dirt farmlands in the delta, and the southern part of the state is not that much different from South Louisiana in geography.

I wonder about Maine and Vermont. In my mind, I always picture it to be fall in those states, with gently rolling hills and white clapboard churches every couple of miles, and lots of farmhouses.

--hide--

I've spent a lot of time in Maine..It is all granite coastline and mountains. The Appalachian Trail begins in Baxter State Park.. Vermont is known for the White Mountains.. Very little really flat land in Maine. You are correct about the clapboard churches though. The timber industry is big in Maine so there are a lot of wood framed buildings.

I've never been to the Pacific Northwest so I always think of it as having lots of rainy weather.. Minnysoda = Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! mischievous laughing

Mar 10th 2013 new

In my mind, I have always imagined Chicago as Gotham City laughing. But when I was there early this year, I found it so amazing....beautiful historical/vintage architecture! I can go on walking the streets all day visiting the Cathedral and other churches. They say Chicago is a mini New York, except that it's cleaner.

Mar 10th 2013 new

I like to use Google Earth and virtually travel to states that I have not yet or will possibly never be able to travel to. The only drawback with virtual travel is not being able to interact with the people and culture of those locations.

Mar 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Brett-848238 said: I like to use Google Earth and virtually travel to states that I have not yet or will possibly never be able to...
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

I like to use Google Earth and virtually travel to states that I have not yet or will possibly never be able to travel to. The only drawback with virtual travel is not being able to interact with the people and culture of those locations.

--hide--
Check out this site: www.mapcrunch.com

It takes you to random Google street views all around the world. You can also restrict it to particular countries, or even a specified map area. Fun time waster. laughing
Mar 10th 2013 new

I'm a Californian, kiddo. There's no comparison. laughing wink

Mar 10th 2013 new

I've been to every state except Alabama.

I'm picturing it as green and sunny and humid, with nice little mom-and-pop cafes and a significant mosquito population.

Are there any CMers from Alabama?

Mar 10th 2013 new
Donna you are right about the Pacific Northwest...Rain, Rain, Rain and MORE RAIN!!! Very liberal... could say LOTS more about that, but I will spare you! Summers...yes we do get some sunshine, believe it or not are heavenly because the scenery is exquisite! Mountains and rivers, lakes, the Puget Sound are breathtaking! Best time to visit is July through September:-)
Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: For instance..... I see New Jersey as a state covered in asphalt and concrete. A state where...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

For instance.....

I see New Jersey as a state covered in asphalt and concrete. A state where school children are bussed to museums to see and touch real grass and trees.

I see Utah as a giant sandbox for adult males to use their ATVs, 4x4s and dirtbikes.

I see Mississippi as a state completely covered in kudzu with alligators underneath.

Here are the rules: You cannot use the words snow or cold or blizzard or freezing when referring to Minnesota.

--hide--

I perceived that Florida have lots of tourists visiting because they have the beautiful beaches surrounding the state, the Disneyworld, the Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Center, maybe sunny warm weather especially in summer, and also alligators/crocodiles. I heard people there are friendly. I planned to go there sometime this summer to see the places there I heard about. smile

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: (Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Well - I got a lesson in Lake Wobegon the other ...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Quote:
Beverly-936499 said:

Well - I got a lesson in Lake Wobegon the other day! I have been educated now. Also went on line and checked out the lakes. Awsome.

You are correct about Utah and Mississippi, except that Mississippi does have beautiful black dirt farmlands in the delta, and the southern part of the state is not that much different from South Louisiana in geography.

I wonder about Maine and Vermont. In my mind, I always picture it to be fall in those states, with gently rolling hills and white clapboard churches every couple of miles, and lots of farmhouses.

I picture Maine and Vermont with a bunch of uptight protestants going around frowning at everybody.

BTW, their fall leaves aren't as pretty as ours.

--hide--

You know, I always thought that about Vermont myself, but it turns out, it's just lush, green hills and forrests with lots of mountain men and women (known for their beards - yes, both tongue) with a bent for survival and a high degree of common sense and earthy understanding.

The one that gets me is Hawaii. My brain tells me there must be some sort of commerce and business, but my minds eye says there's nothing but beaches and Lei's for miles.

Posts 11 - 20 of 102