Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: > Lat night, I heard the audio that posted. All I could think of on the kissing pa...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

> Lat night, I heard the audio that posted. All I could think of on the kissing part was: One thing is to feel and another to follow up. I have many emotions and thoughts that come to me from outside and inside that I cannot control. Nevertheless, I have the power to let them take over me.

While you are correct that feeling and following up are different, the difference is irrelevant to the end result: while they are two different sins, both are grave.

> I don't think I can have a relationship that I hope leads to mariage without kissing.

The rule isn't no kissing; it is no intimate kissing. It may not be easy, but it can be done. And the sacrifice made will result in many graces. Something to reflect on (for those who are unfamiliar with the passage you alluded to further on in your post):

Then the angel Raphael said to him: Hear me, and I will shew thee who they are, over whom the devil can prevail. For they who in such manner receive matrimony, as to shut out God from themselves, and from their mind, and to give themselves to their lust, as the horse and mule, which have not understanding, over them the devil hath power. But thou when thou shalt take her, go into the chamber, and for three days keep thyself continent from her, and give thyself to nothing else but to prayers with her. And on that night lay the liver of the fish on the fire, and the devil shall be driven away. But the second night thou shalt be admitted into the society of the holy Patriarchs.

And the third night thou shalt obtain a blessing that sound children may be born of you. And when the third night is past, thou shalt take the virgin with the fear of the Lord, moved rather for love of children than for lust, that in the seed of Abraham thou mayst obtain a blessing in children. (Tobias 6:16-22)

Note that I am not suggesting that one wait three days to consummate their marriage (though clearly there is great benefit to doing so with the proper disposition): the point is that having patience and offering the sacrifice to God is to our spiritual benefit.

> On the Sacramental Marriage, I'd like to share with you how I see it. I'm a story teller, so please be patient. I'll get there!

> I met a cousin in the produce dept at the local grocery store. We ended up talking about our young sdult kids & sex. This is what I told her. Rememebr the meteor that fell in Russia the other day? Well, Making Love with your spouse is like that: It's a blast from Heaven. The Power of Crreation that God entrusts us with is SOOOO mighty, that it not only engulfs the couple: it goes out like a wave of PURE LOVE into the rest of the world. That LOVE is PURE because it is God itself. I kept on... and just planted another seed on her wonderful brain: Why do you think we make love facing each other?

Think of how much more intense the first explosion will be on your wedding night when you haven't been nipping away at it along the way...

--hide--

Good evening, Sir. Without any hint of sarcasm, let me tell you that I am honored to have you respond in detail to my post. I highly appreciate any help I can get on my journey, so that I may eventually get to Dad's.

I do not know if I explained myself correctly or not. I'd like to say t: whjat if I got a thought, like a revenge on someone who has hurt me, I would still have a choice: to feed it or to discard it. The same happens with lust or gluttony or any of the other sins. I might unwillingl feel something because I'm made out of these wonderful sensors in my body that shoot electrical currents in my brain. Unlike animals, we have the God given gift of choice.

I think no intimate kissing (thanks for clarifying) is way too hard... for me... NOT impossible. Agreed. I'm just merely acknowledging my frailty. As I said, now I'm forwarned by Bernard's post. God has many ways of teaching. CM is an example of how we must keep each other's Faith... how we must care for each other. This train of thought leads me to the path of how much blessed we are for the Sacraments, and how much we need to pray for the priests. What would I do without a priest, a brother in Christ, flawed like me, to dispense the Sacraments?

I like your words " intense the first explosion"... I know it's worth waiting for. I know how hollow it can be if one has only sex. sad I'm sure may of us have been hurt by it. The beauty is that we have Reconciliaton! I just hope I don't kill my future husband after the dry spell!!! laughing faint

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Shara-929649 said: You are a wonderful man of God Bernard...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Shara-929649 said:

You are a wonderful man of God Bernard and an example to all.

I only post these threads to help people.It's not about me.I am a sinner in need of God's Mercy and Truth just like everyone else.

--hide--

Just noticed this thread and I will listen to the tapes. THANK YOU Bernard!

03/10/2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: I just hope I don't kill my future husband after the dry spell!!!
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

I just hope I don't kill my future husband after the dry spell!!!

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing

03/10/2013 new

Hi Mari, I just wanted to say I felt your description of making love between two married people beautiful, poetic, powerful, and so authentic. A mere kiss is but a gateway to the otherworldly, and extraordinary experience to the glory of making love, That moment when a couple become's one ! I am so grateful to God to have experienced such passion and pleasure ! I pray every loving married couple have that moment of ultimate bliss ! I believe it is God's gift to us ! heartbeat Harp hug Praying

God Bless.

Sheila

03/11/2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Review of Sins Against the 6th and 9th Commandments .Aprox 20 minutes.Great Sermon. http:/...

Review of Sins Against the 6th and 9th Commandments .Aprox 20 minutes.Great Sermon.

www.audiosancto.org

--hide--

Bernard, this booklet reminded me of your link/informaton. I was looking at books at an online Catholic Bookstore and came across it. I haven't read it yet.

"Clean Love in Courtship"
by Fr. L.G. Lovasik, S.V.D

www.scribd.com

Above is a link for reading/downloading the pamphlet. I haven't read it yet, but here is the contents:

Chapter I

Marriage is SacredDanger in Personal Sex AttractionPurity is BeautifulImpurity is Forbidden

Chapter II

Soul-deathThe Sixth CommandmentThe Ninth CommandmentTemptation is not a sin

Chapter III

Passionate Kissing"Petting" or "Necking"Improper LibertiesThe Parked Car DrinkingIndecent EntertainmentImmodest ConversationDangerous Reading

Chapter IV

Three General Principles"Don'ts" on DatesTeen-age Dating

Chapter V

Tips for Chaste Company KeepingRegular ConfessionFrequent Holy CommunionPrayer Self-denialAvoiding the Occasions of SinLove of Jesus and Mary

Chapter VI

Care and Common SenseHow to Choose a Marriage Partner Mixed MarriagesA Trinity of Love

03/11/2013 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Hi Mari, I just wanted to say I felt your description of making love between two married people ...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Hi Mari, I just wanted to say I felt your description of making love between two married people beautiful, poetic, powerful, and so authentic. A mere kiss is but a gateway to the otherworldly, and extraordinary experience to the glory of making love, That moment when a couple become's one ! I am so grateful to God to have experienced such passion and pleasure ! I pray every loving married couple have that moment of ultimate bliss ! I believe it is God's gift to us !

God Bless.

Sheila

--hide--

Thanks, Sheila, for validating my writing / thinking process. I have been inspired in so many ways by CM, that I just wanted to give a bit back in return.

I did not experience a Sacramental Union the way I perceive it now. I'm looking forward to it. heartbeat

hug Praying

Mari

03/11/2013 new

--hide--

To the Brave & Wonderful men out there: U've been forwarned! laughing

embarassed Battling eyelashes heartbeat

03/11/2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: To the Brave & ...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

To the Brave & Wonderful men out there: U've been forwarned!

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing

03/11/2013 new

I wish CM would fix this Stream,because it attributes someone elses quote to me,when viewed in stream! rolling eyes

03/12/2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: What Church teaching supports this assertion?
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

What Church teaching supports this assertion?

--hide--

None. But, if one is attempting to build a relationship, romantic or otherwise, our actions should include some forms of affection. Too much caution, and there is a loss of our intent, as to what the focus of the relationship involves.

A basic human need is the need for human touch. A mutually wanted kiss is a small token of mutual affection. No faith lost in it, but the lack thereof would indicate a lack of interest thereof.
Posts 111 - 120 of 163