Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Would it be possible when in search mode and viewing the different profiles, could little icons be next to the person's photo or something indicating we've emailed that person already?

Thanks and God Bless!

Mar 11th 2013 new

I think that is a fine idea, paricularly because the system only keeps messages for three months.

If you are on here long enough, you find you email someone you already did, and you don't remember because they ahve moved, they put up a different picture, etc.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Randall-315762 said: Would it be possible when in search mode and viewing the different profiles, could little icons...
(Quote) Randall-315762 said:

Would it be possible when in search mode and viewing the different profiles, could little icons be next to the person's photo or something indicating we've emailed that person already?

Thanks and God Bless!

--hide--

The answer to this would have to come from a Staff member, but if i'm guessing correctly the reason you're suggesting the "little icon" is so that you can avoid viewing that persons profile again whom you've already contacted. Let me just throw out a thought which is that, People are often in transition in life and what we may say or write today in a profile may be different a month or year from now. Not saying it will, but could possibly give you or anyone else another opportunity to reassess a possible match. smile Praying

Mar 14th 2013 new

Yes nothing wrong with recontacting someone, but it would be nice to know you are RE contacting them.

Recently had an experience of contacting someone who said, uhhhh you and I talked many years ago. Whoops, my bad...sorry to have disturbed you again but I had no recollection whatsoever.

Would be nice to at least have the information to let you decide how to proceed.

Mar 20th 2013 new

Yes, it would be nice if you knew at a glance whether you have contacted someone before.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: The answer to this would have to come from a Staff member, but if i'm guessing correc...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

The answer to this would have to come from a Staff member, but if i'm guessing correctly the reason you're suggesting the "little icon" is so that you can avoid viewing that persons profile again whom you've already contacted. Let me just throw out a thought which is that, People are often in transition in life and what we may say or write today in a profile may be different a month or year from now. Not saying it will, but could possibly give you or anyone else another opportunity to reassess a possible match.

--hide--
wave Hi Dave--I didn't know we had you as a moderator, in addition to Donna and Jerry... Is this a recent appointment, or have I just been dozing embarassed

BTW, I like the idea of a contact icon, too, but not so I can avoid anyone--it would just help me with my "oldtimer's" memory issue... boggled

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Hi Dave--I didn't know we had you as a moderator, in addition to Donna and Jerry... Is this...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Hi Dave--I didn't know we had you as a moderator, in addition to Donna and Jerry... Is this a recent appointment, or have I just been dozing

BTW, I like the idea of a contact icon, too, but not so I can avoid anyone--it would just help me with my "oldtimer's" memory issue...

--hide--

Hi Beverly,

I am a recent appointment, you weren't dozing.. i just like to keep things on the down low ;-) .. I know the Staff are reading everyones thoughts. They are working on so many NEW advancements to keep CM looking and feeling functional that in the future maybe the Icon is something they will relook at. smile Praying

Posts 1 - 7 of 7