Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

02/13/2013 new

Barbara, I didn't actually count;but, I would say that it seems pretty evenly split between men and women. That's a good sign. before I posed the question a few days ago, I was sure that fewer people would move for a special person.
Mary

02/13/2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: I would relocate!I wonder in general, Who does the most relocating, the man or ...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

I would relocate!

I wonder in general, Who does the most relocating, the man or the woman?

--hide--

I've known several men who have moved, but most of the marriages I know it was the woman who moved.. Most cases, her job was the more expendable.. I know several women who were able to realize the dream of being a homemaker after their move too..

02/13/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I've known several men who have moved, but most of the marriages I know it was th...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I've known several men who have moved, but most of the marriages I know it was the woman who moved.. Most cases, her job was the more expendable.. I know several women who were able to realize the dream of being a homemaker after their move too..

--hide--

What about the older group, where both are retired? Any differences?

02/13/2013 new

[quote]Barbara-740721 said:

What about the older group, where both are retired? Any differences?

I'm guessing the deciding factor between 2 retirees on who is going to be the one to move would be who lives in the colder climate? If it's you, start packing your bags! laughing

02/13/2013 new

I'm an only child of aging parents, and mom has multiple health issues and we don't have family nearby, so relocating for me is not an option.

02/18/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-637223 said: As I peruse different profiles of gentlemen on Catholic Match, I notice that some indicate that fo...
(Quote) Mary-637223 said:

As I peruse different profiles of gentlemen on Catholic Match, I notice that some indicate that for the right person they would consider a long distance relationship. Then in answer to "Would you relocate?" the answer often is "I can't". Just curious, how many people actually would be willing to up-root and relocate? Just wondering.......

--hide--
I'm already planning on relocating some place warmer, so if he lives in a warm state that is a definite plus for him.

02/19/2013 new

[quote]Brenda-444789 said:

[quote]Barbara-740721 said: What about the older group, where both are retired? Any differences?

I'm not yet retired, but my career is fairly flexible, and since I am an independent contractor, I am fairly mobile and could easily relocate. That said, I think as we get older we desire to be within a fairly easily traveled distance to our children. So, for both men and women I think that becomes a factor. In my heart, I would move anywhere for the man I loved. Pragmatically, it would give me pause. However, my search encompasses a broad area, and I rule nothing out.

03/12/2013 new

God, Faith, Love, Commitment overrides the inconvenience of relocating.

Definitely yes if I do strike gold in my search as the paradise for two will be reserved

for us. The world is really small and accessible in today's global reach.

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: If one is offered a new and fabulous job opportunity, one would relocate in a split second.. So wh...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

If one is offered a new and fabulous job opportunity, one would relocate in a split second.. So why not for a new spouse?

--hide--

Unless that job opportunity is in Hawaii, I wouldn't move for a job. I first decide where I want to live, and then I look for work there. But I'm sure it depends on the person - some people are more career-minded than others.

03/12/2013 new
Hi Michael. I appreciate what you are saying as I feel bound to stay near my parents at their vulnerable stage of life.
Posts 51 - 60 of 60