Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

For several years I have been blessed by the Catholic Divorce Ministry (also known as North American Conference for Separated Divorced Catholics -- NACSDC). Please check out their website for regional activities. There are healing programs such as Divorce & Beyond, Rebuilding, etc. offered at various locations around the country. There are some brief articles & books as well. There will be a conference held in June.

Mar 12th 2013 new

Thank you Carol!

Cat

Apr 9th 2013 new

I posted this information under Regional Interest, but I thought I'd put it here, too.

Upcoming events:

April 26-28: A weekend retreat for separated/divorced Catholics in Columbia, IL

June 21-22: CDM National Conference: Seasons of Life, Seasons of Change; Food for the Journey. Location: Pasadena, MD

Find more information at nacsdc.org

Apr 14th 2013 new

Unfortunately they are no longer active in my area. I feel there is a real LACK of support for divorced members of the Catholic Church, especially in areas where there is a strong orthodox bishop. I love our bishop but he does not even acknowledge the existence of 50% of the local Catholic Churches members...VERY sad.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: Unfortunately they are no longer active in my area. I feel there is a real LACK of support for div...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Unfortunately they are no longer active in my area. I feel there is a real LACK of support for divorced members of the Catholic Church, especially in areas where there is a strong orthodox bishop. I love our bishop but he does not even acknowledge the existence of 50% of the local Catholic Churches members...VERY sad.

--hide--

Joan, it's true & quite common (in re: bishops). Unfortunately, CDM (or NACSDC) is not as strongly represented as it used to be all over the country. Need to get a re-birth!

Posts 1 - 5 of 5