Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 12th 2013 new

Mari,

Your dilemma seems to be one of discernment. As you likely know within your mind and gut, vengeance will eat at you as a cancer. Peace will not be yours.

Yet justice done for another is especially noble if the downtrodden learn their value and cease on their own to allow abuse to continue.

I believe the parable of turning the other cheek is a valuable lesson. The lesson for me is not about passivity but rather the dignity of rightful conviction. I do not believe we are asked to slither away. But rather to turn a harmful experience into a positive experience. Growth is possible for both parties.

Ghadi was non violent. Yet he did not allow those in authority to trample his (and his people's) dignity. He stood with intellect and rightful morals to turn a harmful situation around. A sub continent was freed.

I recently heard of an example of passive dignity used by Desmond Tutu. Reportedly as he walked along a sidewalk he was approached by an individual who shouted out in advance of their passing "Get out of my way. I do not share the sidewalk with gorillas". Mr. Tutu stepped aside and said to the protagonist as he passed, "but sir, I do." Apartheid as governmental policy is dead within that country.

Look internally for dicernment, seek wise council and pray. I will pray with you.

Mar 12th 2013 new

Praying theheart

Mar 12th 2013 new

Hello Mari. I can imagine how hard things must be for you right now. This morning I read a quote that might bring you some consolation or help you put things in perspective. Here is my translation of it:

"Love Without Expectations:

When we pay too close attention to the flaws of others, we lose insight. We gain to approach others with unconditional love over personnal interest. That way, for not having held them to our own standards, their inherent goodness may be revealed." (24 heures a la fois - mars - recueil de pensees quotidiennes; Collection la semaine; publication Charron et Inc.; 2007, 12 mars.)

This certainly is not an easy thing to do. Especially since it is in the nature of us women to hold grudges and to fantasize about revenge. The sacrament of confession helps keep us in check; it calls us to remain fully honest about what we really do feel and think that make us unholy and bring our downfall. We are called to surrender our worries, our transgressions and our unholy selves to God. When we are truly repentent we are forgiven and cleansed of these. Confession always helps better understand how to proceed in areas of my life where things are unclear. All the best to you, Mari, in figuring out what you should do in your case. Blessings. Praying

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: Dear CM Friends: As some of you know, I'm quitting my job. By July I shoud have moved t...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Dear CM Friends:

As some of you know, I'm quitting my job. By July I shoud have moved to the countryside to work in a little town inside a dormant volcano to work with the Parish priest and the few nuns who tend to the sick, the extremely poor and the elderly (sometimes all packed into one person).

I know that there is a very fine line bewteen Justice and revenge (note that I don't capitalize it). Management is trampling all over everyone in the office, and I'm the only one with the guts / freedom to say: Enough.

My "problem" is that I have so much political clout that I just have to make one phone call and they willl have so many inspectors, that the company will pay a lot of fines, and shake all the way to Spain (our main offices) and Abu Dhabi (our owners).

I feel that I'm standing over a cliff, and I'm afraid to fall into a pit. It's my soul's life that's at stake. I understand perfectly well that this temptation has come to me now that I subscribed again for a month, and I'm learning / remembering what being a Child of God is all about; I'm trying to pray the 54 day Novena & go to daily Mass (can't always, but try); I adopted a Cardinal for the Conclave and more... above all, it's Lent!

I don't want to be selfish and ask for prayers today, of ll days, when I wish we were all in a retreat praying for the Conclave, but I'm really in a life or death situation.

"And do not be afraid of those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. But instead fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell." Mt 10:28

Bless you all,

Mari

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart hug

Mar 12th 2013 new

Praying Praying Praying

Mar 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Jason-932077 said: Mari, I pray that you find the strength to give this fight over to the Lord. Let Him handle this and let...
(Quote) Jason-932077 said:

Mari,

I pray that you find the strength to give this fight over to the Lord. Let Him handle this and let His will be done. I understand where you are coming from in this situation but please don't give in to the earlhly temptation of revenge. "Vengeance is mine, And I decree the punishment of all her enemies: Their doom is sealed." Deut. 32:35

God Bless you

--hide--
Mari, I have to say Jason has the words that I understand. Let God be the judge and let Him doll out His will. I have seen with my own eyes that He has the wisdom and power and sense of fair play that we as humans don't. Rest this situation at His feet. Praying for solace for you my faithful friend. Eileen
Mar 12th 2013 new

PrayingFor Justice and God leading you on the right path.

Mar 12th 2013 new

Praying

Mar 12th 2013 new

Praying

That is really a tough one especially when you hate wrong and are the kind of person that wants to right those wrongs. I just don't know that we can though and then it is a fine line between vengeance and justice...anyway, you are in my prayers.

Mar 12th 2013 new

Mari, I'm going to offer here what I would do at this point in my life (when I was younger I would have done something different). I would walk away from this situation without doing anything other than praying for your coworkers and for the management that is not acting in a righteous manner. I would let go of this situation and focus on the amazing new opportunity you have of being on a strong spiritual and charitable path toward Jesus by serving the sick and the elderly and the poor. I would ask myself what would Jesus want me to do now. In most cases, Jesus turned the other cheek. Every employee who works at that company must do whatever he or she thinks is best - whether that be leaving the company, complaining to management (which will get you nowhere- and I know this because I worked in the corporate environment for 10 years - in the last few years as a project manager and training manager), changing jobs to be under a new manager, or just staying in their jobs and trying to make the best of it. I think that it is doubtful that anything you do would result in any changes, not because you are not right, but because that is the way corporations work.And, if you start legal proceedings you will be involved in that for years (if your legal system is anything like ours). I believe your company will ignore what you have to say or try to discredit you. And, you will effectively have burnt your bridges (so to speak). I don't think it is worth the time, energy, stress, etc. that doing this would cause. And, I believe it would totally undercut your focus on your amazing new opportunity. Just let it go. Say goodbye, bless everyone there - your friends, your coworkers, and even your managers. This will have more effect for good than any action taken against the company because good has more power over evil than negative actions have over evil (if that makes any sense to you).

So, bless them, say goodbye to them, pray for them, and move on to your new life. You will have more peace and you will be able to focus on doing good works for Christ and Mary. That is what is important. I'm not saying this is easy to do because I know it is not. But, if you can do this, you will truly feel God's grace at work in your life - and this I do know from personal experience. Money is not important in this life and even less so in the next life. All that is important is living a life of faith, hope, and love. And, as St. Paul said, the greatest of these is love (or charity). So, even though you may not want to, be charitable to the people in management who don't deserve it. We don't realize how our good actions toward others affect them. Doing this may result in far more changes than taking them to task or sticking lawyers on them.

I will keep you in my prayers when I go to Daily Mass tomorrow! Praying hug theheart

Posts 21 - 30 of 85