Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Sanctity of life

Mar 10th 2013 new
" Call me crazy" but how can anyone call themself Catholic and not answer yes on the sanctity of life question on your personal profile? The sixth commandment clearly states " thou shall not kill" this is not a matter of choice! It is your obligation as a Catholic to protect all forms that protect life! I'm sure there are plenty of Catholics on this site that don't won't to hear this "TOO BAD" It is something that needs to be addressed. I would rather be blunt! than allow one of beloved brothers or sisters in Christ lose their soul to eternal damnation. If you truly love Christ you will obey his commandments and this means all ten of his commandments. May God Bless and watch over everyone on Catholic Match Don
Mar 11th 2013 new

I'd talk to someone who's okay with fornication, contraception and redefining marriage to accomodate same sex couples before I'd ever consider someone who thinks its okay to deprive another human being of a possibe 80 years of life.

Abortion is murder. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. As Catholics, we know better, there's no skirting around the not having full knowledge status when a Catholic supports abortion.

I think the fornicators would have a cooler place in Hell then the people who seek to spill the blood of the innocent.

Frankly, whenver I hear of a Catholic or christians supporting abortion, I vomit a little into my mouth.

Mar 12th 2013 new

I think it's easier to believe that a young foetus is only a "blob of cells" (esp. given the misleading stuff one might read on the subject) than to believe that same-sex "marriage" is in any way normal or in concert with nature.

As to contacts here...I will talk to anyone. Maybe I can teach them something.

Mar 12th 2013 new

This is a loaded question.

1. It's the 5th Commandment, not the 6th.

2. "Sanctity of life" includes questions of capital punishment, use of deadly force, end of life decisions -- not just abortion. Certainly, direct action to end the life of another must be avoided, in so far as is possible. Beyond that....there are many grey areas, many unique twists to an individual situation that make a one-size-fits-all answer difficult, if not impossible.

3. On CM many people answer "no" to the questions because
a) they don't really understand them, or
b) they have not followed the Church's teachings in the past.

I say, leave the door open. Your acceptance and example may bring someone closer to God.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think it's easier to believe that a young foetus is only a "blob of cells" (esp. ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I think it's easier to believe that a young foetus is only a "blob of cells" (esp. given the misleading stuff one might read on the subject) than to believe that same-sex "marriage" is in any way normal or in concert with nature.

As to contacts here...I will talk to anyone. Maybe I can teach them something.

--hide--

I think that's what makes it especially annoying. Its 2013. People have access to technologies and information that was the stuff of sci-fi back in the 70s. To hold to the beleif that the foetus is a blob of cells really is the height of ignorance when you can Google the images.

Therefore, I think two conclusions can be drawn from this:

1. People are too lazy and comfortable within their ignorance to do the research.

2. People use the term "blob", "conceptus" "tissue mass" whatever, to reflect that they have dehumanised the human being within the uterus. More and pro-aborts are going down more metaphysical and philosophical reasonsings now, the "blob of tissue" doesn't fly in the face of google, but "it may be human tissue, it may even look tissue, but its not a person".

That's how you know they're blatantly wrong, because of the changing of their argument. As soon as science/philosphy destorys their starting point, they move onto some other assinine commentary. First they argued that they couldn't know what it was, then it was "blob" then it was sentience that determined it, and pain and sapience, and now its personhood, which is starting to loose water.

Of course, they'll always resort back to the default setting "well, it doesn't matter if its a sentient human being, its in my body I can have it out". Then they'll tell us about the world famous violnist. That makes me smile.

I feel sorry for them, though. It must be a strange feeling to support the killing of human beings. I mean, if I'm wrong, who cares, I peeved off a lot of people, I don't think any deity/God is going to condemn me for a pro-life stance... but if the pro-abortion crowd are wrong. That's a lot of blood to have on a conscience.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: This is a loaded question.1. It's the 5th Commandment, not the 6th. 2. "...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

This is a loaded question.

1. It's the 5th Commandment, not the 6th.

2. "Sanctity of life" includes questions of capital punishment, use of deadly force, end of life decisions -- not just abortion. Certainly, direct action to end the life of another must be avoided, in so far as is possible. Beyond that....there are many grey areas, many unique twists to an individual situation that make a one-size-fits-all answer difficult, if not impossible.

3. On CM many people answer "no" to the questions because
a) they don't really understand them, or
b) they have not followed the Church's teachings in the past.

I say, leave the door open. Your acceptance and example may bring someone closer to God.

--hide--

That's why I think the site really needs to have a short answers for the 7 in case a person is not 7 and feels the need to elaborate.

Mar 12th 2013 new

Simply put

No way

You can not be Catholic if you deny any of the teachings on them. You excommunicate yourself de facto because you separate yourself from the deposit of Faith. Protestants are not Catholics because they reject the Truth.

You may disagree, but you should still accept the teaching and try to understand why the teaching is as it is. It demonstrates a complete lack of Trust in the promise of Christ by rejecting outright what the Church teaches.

Mar 12th 2013 new

That's very true.
However, at the same time, the rest of us are called not to judge, but to extend the hand of instructive charity.
Welcome to the forums!!! wave

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: That's why I think the site really needs to have a short answers for the 7 in case a person is not ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: That's why I think the site really needs to have a short answers for the 7 in case a person is not 7 and feels the need to elaborate.
--hide--

I wonder if that kind of thing can be covered in a "short answer"? scratchchin
If someone really interested me, I would make contact and after a while say, "BTW, about your profile..." and see what his story was.
I don't think that it's necessary that all one's cards be on the table face up when we first join the game. "Real" (as opposed to online) life doesn't work that way.

Mar 12th 2013 new

Good comments.

I've encountered so many people (mostly under 25, some older) who had really no idea at all of the truth of what happens during conception and gestation. Until you are an expectant mother/father, many folks never give it a thought. You're right about all the new resources...but oftentimes we don't read things like that until we need to, and learn the truth too late.

I'm in no way siding with the pro-abortion stance.

I am saying, however, that ignorance, fear, confusion, coercian, and many other factors influence both behavior and attitudes...and we need to greet anti-life people with charity and education.

Posts 1 - 10 of 67