Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Alright the battle is on, who is better, dogs or cats? You can post a video or a statement showing who you like better. My vote goes for dogs because dogs are happy and they think you are the best person in the world even if you are grumpy, when you come home from school or work your dogs will be there licking your face and jumping around and they cant wait to see you, while cats don’t notice if you are there or not as long as they get their food. biggrin

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: Alright the battle is on, who is better, dogs or cats? You can post a video or a statement show...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

Alright the battle is on, who is better, dogs or cats? You can post a video or a statement showing who you like better. My vote goes for dogs because dogs are happy and they think you are the best person in the world even if you are grumpy, when you come home from school or work your dogs will be there licking your face and jumping around and they cant wait to see you, while cats don’t notice if you are there or not as long as they get their food.

--hide--

A dog will literally lay down its life for you...

In addition, dogs are far smarter than cats. A dog is the only animal in the entire animal kingdom that understands a pointed finger. If you point your finger to show your dog something, it will always follow your finger and look in the direction you are pointing; it will do that even as a puppy. It never has to learn this behavior; it already knows. (An ape can do this, but it must be taught.)

A cat, on the other hand, will simply stop and sniff your finger, no matter how many times you do the same thing...

Mar 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: Alright the battle is on, who is better, dogs or cats? You can post a video or a statement showing who you li...

Alright the battle is on, who is better, dogs or cats? You can post a video or a statement showing who you like better. My vote goes for dogs because dogs are happy and they think you are the best person in the world even if you are grumpy, when you come home from school or work your dogs will be there licking your face and jumping around and they cant wait to see you, while cats don’t notice if you are there or not as long as they get their food.

--hide--
Dogs hands down. They are a comfort to you when you are down and look at you with that adorable doggie smile and when they show their teeth that is precious. They love you unconditionally and provide hours of entertainment chasing their tail or a fuzzball. If you are gone for five minutes or five hours, they are happy as anything to see you again. I loved that and miss my little girl. Eileen
Mar 13th 2013 new

Nothing against kitties...

DOGS dogs dogs cookiemonster lil mikie shamrock

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: Alright the battle is on, who is better, dogs or cats? You can post a video or a statement show...

--hide--

I feel that they are equal. While cats are more independent, and able to entertain themselves for hours, dogs are more loyal. what one lacks the other one makes up for. Cats are introverts and dogs are extroverts which is why they create a balance together.

Mar 13th 2013 new
Awwww . So hard to say. Perhaps like comparing apples to oranges. I like apples in the fall and oranges in the winter ( strawberry season is fast approaching) Having worked for many years with animals (ans their people) I see the attraction to both species. My dog was my best friend. I travel a lot and she went with me everywhere. She's been gone nearly 3 years and I haven't had the heart to " replace" her Personally tho.... I love horses :0) Have a blessed eve
Mar 13th 2013 new

I've had both and my vote is for the dogs.Idefinitely feel more comfortable with dogs.I trust them more.

Mar 13th 2013 new

I heard something on TV a few weeks ago about how each year cats kill millions of other animals in this country. Iknow for a fact that they kill baby bunny rabbits, song birds and pheasant chicks.

Not a huge cat hater, but don't think there should be so many of them, and they shouldn't be glorified like on TV commercials.

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said:...cats kill millions of other animals in this country. Iknow for a fact that they kill baby bunny rabbits, ...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:...cats kill millions of other animals in this country. Iknow for a fact that they kill baby bunny rabbits, song birds and pheasant chicks.
--hide--

I'm a dog lover. Never not had at least one and now two. Had a family of blue jays that used to nest in a Japanese maple outside my kitchen window. Neighbor cats got to them a couple of years ago and left only papa jay. He comes around in the spring, but doesn't stay in the tree. Not the cats' fault cause they were just doing what they do - but I feel bad for my little jay family.

Mar 13th 2013 new

I've had dogs and cats -- I love cats most! My dogs (german shepard Sheba, basset hounds Coco, Fury, Marcy, black lab Ink) were fun but so much work, kinda dumb, but loving.
My current cats (Skunkalicious, Tiger, Lewis, and Scamper) are great fun. Skunk runs out to the car to lead us home every time! Lewis is a very scaredy-cat but mellowing out. Tiger, Skunk and Scamper love pets and being brushed. Simba, our beautiful white cat w/ 1 blue eye and 1 green eye, who died last year :( would play catch, chasing after and bringing back whatever toy or ball we'd throw. He also loved to play in the water, even joining us in the shower to chase the spray -- he was even more fun with a garden hose outside!
But our rabbits were the best at being in tune with emotions -- rabbits don't generally like to be held, but during the traumatic and stressful time of my separation from my ex and my daughter being hospitalized with an eating disorder, I had a counselor come to the house and my rabbits would sit on my lap for over an hour letting me pet them and squeeze them (which freaks out rabbits generally) while I poured out my heart and sobbed or even yelled.
Rabbits get my vote!

Posts 1 - 10 of 61