Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 12th 2013 new

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, Amen

Mar 12th 2013 new

Praying

Mar 12th 2013 new

Hi Mari hug (just a thought to be discerned)Fear not my Daughter stand up lift your head to the Sky I am there-- I am with you always--surrender to Me all your burdens-your fears- your brokeness- your questions of what to do--I am with You always--Lift up your head---and see I am with you- I am your Salvation-- I am the Alpha and Omega--not a hair on your head will be disturbed --I am in charge!!!!-For I am your God -no one else-I am your Salvation- I am your Way Truth and Life--Trust me -I will guide you -My very self will be with you--what I say -It will be done- nothing can come between You and Me--If i want to have it one way it will be-or another way it will be--I am God--I love you- Rest in Me--------------------Come Holy Spirit-May Mari know Wisdom-to know prudence---------------Mother Mary-Saint Joseph--Saints of Heaven-saints on earth-Angels of God be with Mari--- May she know she is Loved--Thank you

Mar 12th 2013 new

........Definitly pray for those who have wronged you and the others---May they be touched by God's Love and Mercy also----------theheart rosary

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Mari, I'm going to offer here what I would do at this point in my life (when I was younger ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Mari, I'm going to offer here what I would do at this point in my life (when I was younger I would have done something different). I would walk away from this situation without doing anything other than praying for your coworkers and for the management that is not acting in a righteous manner. I would let go of this situation and focus on the amazing new opportunity you have of being on a strong spiritual and charitable path toward Jesus by serving the sick and the elderly and the poor. I would ask myself what would Jesus want me to do now. In most cases, Jesus turned the other cheek. Every employee who works at that company must do whatever he or she thinks is best - whether that be leaving the company, complaining to management (which will get you nowhere- and I know this because I worked in the corporate environment for 10 years - in the last few years as a project manager and training manager), changing jobs to be under a new manager, or just staying in their jobs and trying to make the best of it. I think that it is doubtful that anything you do would result in any changes, not because you are not right, but because that is the way corporations work.And, if you start legal proceedings you will be involved in that for years (if your legal system is anything like ours). I believe your company will ignore what you have to say or try to discredit you. And, you will effectively have burnt your bridges (so to speak). I don't think it is worth the time, energy, stress, etc. that doing this would cause. And, I believe it would totally undercut your focus on your amazing new opportunity. Just let it go. Say goodbye, bless everyone there - your friends, your coworkers, and even your managers. This will have more effect for good than any action taken against the company because good has more power over evil than negative actions have over evil (if that makes any sense to you).

So, bless them, say goodbye to them, pray for them, and move on to your new life. You will have more peace and you will be able to focus on doing good works for Christ and Mary. That is what is important. I'm not saying this is easy to do because I know it is not. But, if you can do this, you will truly feel God's grace at work in your life - and this I do know from personal experience. Money is not important in this life and even less so in the next life. All that is important is living a life of faith, hope, and love. And, as St. Paul said, the greatest of these is love (or charity). So, even though you may not want to, be charitable to the people in management who don't deserve it. We don't realize how our good actions toward others affect them. Doing this may result in far more changes than taking them to task or sticking lawyers on them.

I will keep you in my prayers when I go to Daily Mass tomorrow!

--hide--
I think you are right. In my younger days, I would have felt different too, but now I think you are definitely right. Well, in the Bible who is it that said if you can't change them than "wipe the dust from your feet" as you leave? In my younger days I was always believing that justice and right should win...went through the court system where that definitely isn't true and finally realized sometimes we just don't see that justice in this world and have to leave it up to God to determine in the next. In the meantime, we need to take care of our own souls.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said:
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

--hide--

hug to our very own Mike "Peace", from Mari

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Will-706257 said: Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the ...
(Quote) Will-706257 said:

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, Amen

--hide--

Yes, Will... Mama Maria will cradle me through your prayers.

hug Mari

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Bart-749635 said: Mari, Your dilemma seems to be one of discernment. As you likely know within your mind and ...
(Quote) Bart-749635 said:

Mari,

Your dilemma seems to be one of discernment. As you likely know within your mind and gut, vengeance will eat at you as a cancer. Peace will not be yours.

Yet justice done for another is especially noble if the downtrodden learn their value and cease on their own to allow abuse to continue.

I believe the parable of turning the other cheek is a valuable lesson. The lesson for me is not about passivity but rather the dignity of rightful conviction. I do not believe we are asked to slither away. But rather to turn a harmful experience into a positive experience. Growth is possible for both parties.

Ghadi was non violent. Yet he did not allow those in authority to trample his (and his people's) dignity. He stood with intellect and rightful morals to turn a harmful situation around. A sub continent was freed.

I recently heard of an example of passive dignity used by Desmond Tutu. Reportedly as he walked along a sidewalk he was approached by an individual who shouted out in advance of their passing "Get out of my way. I do not share the sidewalk with gorillas". Mr. Tutu stepped aside and said to the protagonist as he passed, "but sir, I do." Apartheid as governmental policy is dead within that country.

Look internally for dicernment, seek wise council and pray. I will pray with you.

--hide--

Thanks, Bart. I have seeked advise, and have received it... form wonderful people like you!

"His will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven"

hug Mari

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

--hide--

Thanks Jessica, for your prayers. They have been heard.

hug Mari

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-356811 said: Hi Mari (just a thought to be discerned)Fear not my Daughter stand up lift your head to the Sky I...
(Quote) Peter-356811 said:

Hi Mari (just a thought to be discerned)Fear not my Daughter stand up lift your head to the Sky I am there-- I am with you always--surrender to Me all your burdens-your fears- your brokeness- your questions of what to do--I am with You always--Lift up your head---and see I am with you- I am your Salvation-- I am the Alpha and Omega--not a hair on your head will be disturbed --I am in charge!!!!-For I am your God -no one else-I am your Salvation- I am your Way Truth and Life--Trust me -I will guide you -My very self will be with you--what I say -It will be done- nothing can come between You and Me--If i want to have it one way it will be-or another way it will be--I am God--I love you- Rest in Me--------------------Come Holy Spirit-May Mari know Wisdom-to know prudence---------------Mother Mary-Saint Joseph--Saints of Heaven-saints on earth-Angels of God be with Mari--- May she know she is Loved--Thank you

--hide--

Oh, Peter! You have summoned the whole Heaven to be on / by my side!!!

Do you know what a humbling experience I am going through because of your prayer? I don't deserve them! On the other hand, I've always known I am such a favorite of the Heavens, that I can only smile and do a courtesy... I am but a Child, like Santa TeresitA DE lISIEUX!!!

hug Mari

Posts 31 - 40 of 85